picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

lookingmybest user profile picture

lookingmybest

Oily/Resilient

dot141 Views

MY HAIR NEEDS HELP ASAP!

Hi everyone! I'm new to Picky but very excited to be part of this group. I have an oily scalp and long, wavy,frizzy hair. I can't seem to find the right products. Even if my hair looks pretty good, as soon as I shake my head it poofs out. Any suggestions please?
carousel
upvote

comment

11 Comments

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

I love her videos, here are 2 links that might help you and your hair struggles. https://youtu.be/-gVfEHhQGgk https://youtu.be/B7uzrfk1YpE I also have an oily scalp and here are some tings that I personally do to help control it •washing my hair double (the first round is to remove buildup (for example; dry shampoo, sebum, dead skin cells…) and the second round is to focus on my scalp and deeply cleansing the roots of my hair) •not tuching my hair (so the oil won’t spread) •only using conditioner or treatments on the end of my hair •chaning pillow cases frequently •using a clarifying shampoo > moisturizing/hydrating •only washing my hair 1 or 2 a week to train it
upvote

comment

lookingmybest

Oily/Resilient

Thank you very much! I will look into those videos and take your advice.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Well, if you do wash your hair, focus more on the scalp instead of lathering the whole hair because the scalp is oilier. I really like OGX products but tbh I only bought it because one of the discontinued shampoo and conditioner was named after a Pokemon Professor 😜. I would suggest following some tutorials on Youtube that focuses more on curl care because their tips. Just type curl or wavy hair care and choose someome that has your similar hair. Every curls and waves are different so you may have to experiment a little.
upvote

comment

lookingmybest

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm surprised and happy with all the responses ppl are actually leaving!
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

I have the same problem. John freida anti frizz products are helpful. a satin or silk pillowcase can reduce friction. a microfiber towel or a very soft T-shirt is better than a towel if air drying is not possible. also it’s best not to brush hair when it’s dry. the wet brush can be used on wet hair
upvote

comment

lookingmybest

Oily/Resilient

Haven't tried John Freida but always open to suggestions. Thanks for your help!
upvote

comment

cn24 user profile picture

cn24

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, I used to have the same problem with you. When washing your hairs, try not to scratch your hair by nails, just massage by fingertips. Use a air cushion comb instead of any other comb/brush. Use hair tonic which have tea tree ingredient. Don't put the hair conditioner on the scalp.
upvote

comment

lookingmybest

Oily/Resilient

Thank you very much! I will be researching products with tea tree.. I saw that mentioned on another post.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!