picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Routine Help

M

MeeTeea

Dry/Sensitive

dot50 Views

Help: Beginner's acid recommendation

Hi all! Please help me choose between these acids I've been eyeing for a while. I want to incorporate acid to my routine. Never use one (am currently using toner that contain PCA, if that count as one). I have combination-dry sensitive skin (blackheads prone on T zone, dry and sensitives on cheeks). My main concerns are blackheads and freckles. I know I have to use BHA also to taget the blackheads, but just want to start slow. I don't mind for longer waiting time to see the result. I've seen lots of good reviews about these, and they are easy to find in my place. Maybe you could share your experience with them here, and help me decide. Thank you in advance!
Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

The Ordinary
Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

star rating

(200)

favorite

Mandelic Acid 10% + HA

The Ordinary
Mandelic Acid 10% + HA

star rating

(105)

favorite

Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

By WISHTREND
Mandelic Acid 5% Skin Prep Water

star rating

(260)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

Bibii user profile picture

Bibii

Oily/Sensitive

If your concern is blackheads, BHAs are gonna be your best friends πŸ˜… For freckles maybe vitamin C and sunscreen in the morning as it's a problem of hyperpigmentation and Azelaic acid ☺️ I've used mandelic Acid from TO and it is the gentlest of the AHAs. For me, it helped my texture after few uses. AHAs are great for texture and removing dead skin cells from The top layer of the skin. But since I have a problem with pore clogging I also had to incorporate BHAs. And now I use this one, it's gentle and works wonders. If I were you, I would look into some combination products containing both BHAs and AHAs or PHAs if you're scared of over exfoliating.πŸ€—
M

MeeTeea

Dry/Sensitive

yes, i do realized I need BHA. But for now I'll start with AHA since it'll work for my entire face (not only my T zone). I'm on a tight budget 😁 Those three are easier to get in my place. The shipping, taxes etc would cost me double the price if I have to buy from overseas πŸ˜… Thanks for the recommendation btw, I hope someday I had the chance to try it
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

ooo. nice. I love all the choices. you can’t really go wrong
upvote

comment

M

MeeTeea

Dry/Sensitive

which one you like the most?
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I'm using TO's Lactic Acid to improve on my skin texture. I use it only once a week as I'm using other actives a few other nights. Despite using once a week, I'm seeing results after about 4 weeks πŸ˜ƒ
upvote

comment

M

MeeTeea

Dry/Sensitive

Did you went through any purging or some kind of reaction at first?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!