picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

DadaRochas user profile picture

DadaRochas

Oily/Sensitive

dot66 Views

Can I use retinol every day?

I got Tiam's Vita A Anti-Wrinkle Moisturizer to try. I've never used retinoids before and don't know exactly how to use it. Can I use it every evening?
upvote

comment

4 Comments

KDanielle  user profile picture

KDanielle

Oily/Resilient

You can eventually use it everyday but since you’ve never used it then, no. I would start off with 1-2x a week at first and then gradually add more days. Retinol can be tricky and can cause purging. Since this is an a moisturizer and not a serum, you should be fine with using it everyday but I would still start off slow since it is a new product.
upvote

comment

DadaRochas

Oily/Sensitive

I'll start slowly to see how my skin will react ...Thanks for the advice! 🥰
upvote

comment

skincaretogether user profile picture

skincaretogether

Dry/Resilient

Retinol can certainly be used daily, but you may want to start with a couple of times a week to see how your skin responds to it. It looks like this product does not contain retinol, but instead retinyl palmitate - this is not as potent as retinol so you're less likely to have irritation from it.
upvote

comment

DadaRochas

Oily/Sensitive

Having never used it, I don't know much about the differences .. thanks for the advice and information.❣
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Why yes you can. You only need a pea size amount for your while face if you worry about irritation and then use another non retinol moisturizer afterwards if you want too or if you feel your skin needs it. Don’t use BHA, AHA or Vit C on the same evening that you use retinoid because sometimes it can irritate skin.
upvote

comment

DadaRochas

Oily/Sensitive

I'm using vitamin C in my morning routine and the vitamin A in my evening routine! thanks so much 🙏
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

it’s better to try a couple times a week and increase your usage if you tolerate it well. you could try the sandwich method by applying retinol in between two layers of moisturizer. bakuchiol is a natural retinol that’s gentler
upvote

comment

DadaRochas

Oily/Sensitive

Love the sandwich idea! ❣Thanks so much 🥰
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!