picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

inclusivereviewer user profile picture

inclusivereviewer

Dry/Resilient

dot153 Views

I'm either a genius or I just have a stupid idea.

It sounds crazy. I bought my now ex bf this Barber501 shaving booster balm with cica (centella). I've been patch testing it on the backs of my hands and they're like ridiculously much smoother... My question, would using it on my face be a bad idea? And if it's ok, do I wash it off?
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

9 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

If this can be applied on a man's face, I don't see why it couldn't be applied on a woman's. I would give it a try 😊
upvote

comment

inclusivereviewer

Dry/Resilient

thank you ❣️ I did last night actually and where I went wrong is not washing it off my face (I'm disabled and face wash leads to lap puddles for me, I'm not just being lazy) and using the Touch in Sol no poreblem primer because that's like oily based too and the first few pumps have been nothing but oil too 🥴 I didn't get another pimple yet though 🙌🏽
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

I think that some gendered products are for marketing purposes and can work for everyone. you may be able to use it for areas you shave but it’s best to patch test first
upvote

comment

amira302 user profile picture

amira302

Dry/Resilient

Always patch test, you can use it in the back of your ear or the back of your arm and see if it reacts, usually that skin is similar to the face
upvote

comment

Girly user profile picture

Girly

Oily/Sensitive

Well in my opinion if you have sensitive skin than no because it can iritate your skin very bad.⭐️
upvote

comment

inclusivereviewer

Dry/Resilient

I do not have sensitive skin but my skin barrier needs reconstructive surgery it's so bad 🤦🏼‍♀️ I just thought it's basically the Vaseline method plus another ingredient I keep hearing about... they also had a vitamin one, a tea tree one, a charcoal one and some peppermint one I am so not interested in I didn't even want to mention it lol
upvote

comment

JyssikaNoelle user profile picture

JyssikaNoelle

Oily/Resilient

i wouldnt suggest this.
upvote

comment

inclusivereviewer

Dry/Resilient

ok, fair enough, why not though? I'm really just looking for something that'll help my skin barrier out. should I just use regular Vaseline then? I am bothered by the fact I can't read the ingredient list 🤷🏼‍♀️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!