picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

dot88 Views

Giving my skin a break

Hello, a few months ago my skin around my cheeks got dry, itchy, red and began to flake. I incorporated a facial oil (100% grapeseed oil) it helped with the flakiness but the redness won’t go away. (Due to the itching i scratch myself during my sleep, i can’t do anything about it so i bound in a way so i can no longer scratch myself. I know this sounds scary but it’s the only thing that works) So today i went to the doctor and she suggested me to stop using anything on my skin except water to rinse my skin for 2 weeks. Because she thinks it might be an allergic reaction. However, i’ve already used these products on my skin for almost a whole year so i don’t know why she thinks that. The tought is horrific, 2 weeks without any care?! 😭 I feel like i need to hydrate my skin atleast but i’m scared to take a risk. What should i do? (I have a check up in about 13 days) (Products i used on my cheeks, i have combination skin so i don’t use the oil and cica cream on my oily T-zone) •garnier micellar water •cerave foaming cleanser •cerave hydrating lotion •de tuinen 100% grapeseed oil •uriage cica cream (I know that the cerave foaming cleanser isn’t ideal for dry skin but i used it during the summer when my cheeks were oily too and I haven’t switched yet In the morning i only use water to wash my face and go with the lotion, oil and cica cream I normally use a sunscreen but it began to sting my face really bad so i quit and use a face mask to protect myself+i’m indoors all day, away from sunlight (for now cause school begins next week)) And thank you for everyone who interacted. I’m super stressed out and you guys are my last hope. And late happy new year everyone :)
Moisturizing Lotion (EU)

CeraVe
Moisturizing Lotion (EU)

star rating

(94)

favorite

Foaming Face Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

CeraVe
Foaming Face Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

star rating

(41)

favorite

Bariéderm Cica-Cream

Uriage
Bariéderm Cica-Cream

star rating

(14)

favorite

SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

Garnier
SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water

star rating

(352)

favorite

upvote

comment

5 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I think your doctor knows best, you should do what she says.
upvote

comment

amira302 user profile picture

amira302

Dry/Resilient

I used grapeseed oil before and it made me itch so bad, let your skin heal use something like and don’t forget sunscreen

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for sharing your experience
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

imo it’s best to follow your doctors request and not use anything until your appointment
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I think she tells you that so that you could identify what is actually breaking you out. I would avoid the sun during its peak hour for the time being or use a wide brimmed hat
upvote

comment

javacullen user profile picture

javacullen

Dry/Sensitive

ive had the same problems before and my dermatologist told me to strip my routine to the bare necessities, so cleanser, moisturiser, and sunscreen. but here are some product recs that might help !

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much, I appreciate it!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!