picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

trisgine user profile picture

trisgine

Dry/Resilient

dot85 Views

How to have glowy skin?

I’ve been struggling recently on what products to use in order to achieve healthy glowy skin particularly because of my hyperpigmentation. Can anyone please recommend some products that are worth a try?
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

I have two ingredients in mind for glowy skin! Propolis and galactomyces! For hyperpigmentation, I think niacinamide, tranexamic acid and vitamin c would be a great choice. With consistent usage of propolis and galactomyces, you can achieve glowy skin. Both ingredients need time to deliver results, but you'll definitely feel that healthy glow. Somebymi has galactomyces, niacinamide and vitamin c, so I believe it would be perfect for your concern.
Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule

COSRX
Full Fit Propolis Light Ampoule

star rating

(2191)

favorite

Galactomyces Pure Vitamin C Glow Serum

Some By Mi
Galactomyces Pure Vitamin C Glow Serum

star rating

(85)

favorite

upvote

comment

trisgine

Dry/Resilient

I actually use niacinamide at nighttime whenever I don’t use retinol. And yes, I know vitamin c can help a lot in hyperpigmentation but as far as I know it works better with other acids that can boost its effect. As for tranexamic acid, I may have to learn a thing or more about it, but thanks for this new information. I’ve also been looking into the 2 products you recommended recently as well. I’m glad that I’m in the right track. Thank you so much! You’re a great help 🥰
upvote

comment

amira302 user profile picture

amira302

Dry/Resilient

Best products for glow are tretinoin and hydroquinone for your hyperpigmentation those are ofc prescription only, but they work the fastest then you maintain with the regular otc products! If you can’t get a prescription then I suggest these Use retinol at night, alpha in the morning and the bha twice a week on nights you don’t use retinol

trisgine

Dry/Resilient

Thanks for giving me 2 options and putting a thought whether I can get a prescription or not because you’re actually right on the premise that I can’t. I’ve been using the retinol from the inkey list once a week now. It used to be twice a week but I’ve cut back a little because of the purging. I’m also incorporating BHAs in my nighttime routine so I had to use niacinamide and retinols alternately. For the Alpha Arbutin, I did a little research and it’s indeed worth a try especially for hyperpigmentation, so I’m glad that you recommended a product that I can use; plus it has hyaluronic acid as well. Thanks for this! I’m also tagging the products I’ve mentioned here.
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

Retinol Serum

The Inkey List
Retinol Serum

star rating

(203)

favorite

Niacinamide 10% & Zinc 1%

The Ordinary
Niacinamide 10% & Zinc 1%

star rating

(5)

favorite

upvote

comment

M

MeeTeea

Dry/Sensitive

Well, it seems you have built a great routine for addressing your concerns. Just keep it up, it might need longer time to see the results since it's not prescriptions' strenght. If you like to, you can try to have routine professional exfoliation at a dermatologist office. I believe it would speed up the depigmenting process
upvote

comment

trisgine

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much!!! It took me some time to get this far. I’d look into your recommendation.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!