picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

IvyMae user profile picture

IvyMae

Oily/Sensitive

dot51 Views

CHEMICAL VS. PHYSICAL SUNSCREEN

Hello Everyone! I do not know a lot about sunscreen because I do not really wear one before. Then my sister told me that her co-workers in korea said that it is very important to wear sunscreen everyday even when you are inside the house so after that I opted to use sunscreen. I go for sunscreen with spf of 50+++ and higher but I am not yet aware of its ingredients or wether it is chemical or physical. Can you tell me the difference of the two as well as their pros and cons? I have a sensitive/oily skin by the way. As of now I am using this sunscreen from Innisfree.
Triple Care

INNISFREE
Triple Care

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

amira302 user profile picture

amira302

Dry/Resilient

Physical or mineral sunscreen sits on top of the skin and reflects the uv rays, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are the main ingredients in the physical sunscreen. Chemical one absorbs into the skin and then absorbs the uv rays and releases them from the body, there are many filters. I personally prefer the chemical one because it doesn’t leave a white cast on me.
upvote

comment

IvyMae user profile picture

IvyMae

Oily/Sensitive

do they differ in terms of texture?
upvote

comment

skincaretogether user profile picture

skincaretogether

Dry/Resilient

Note that some sunscreens also have a combination of both chemical and physical filters
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

I like mineral sunscreen because it doesn’t have chemicals which irritate my skin
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!