picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Giveaways

guttfer user profile picture

guttfer

Oily/Resilient

dot215 Views

How often do you get picked for giveaways?

And when you do get picked, is there a rhyme or reason why you get picked for one thing vs. another? How common are giveaways for new users?
upvote

comment

18 Comments

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

Hi there! I'm mostly picked for mega giveaways with 3000 winners (both skin1004 ampoules) and local, country-limited giveaways, which were Ruruberry and By Ecom sets for Malaysian residents. There were some controversies regarding the factors that affect our chances to win but most people agree that your demographic information and location are the main reasons for winning, plus an element of randomness. For example, if the brand is targeting to enter the market or expand in your country, you're more likely to get selected. I can't say anything about how common are giveaways for new users since I joined more than a year ago πŸ˜„ But I can assure you that even if you're a new user, you still have a chance. I once saw a discussion about how a user won even though she didn't have any comments, discussions, reviews, basically no activity on the app πŸ˜„ Hope that helps πŸ₯°
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

Yes, I agree with this. I have seen many winners that didn't post any review, which leds many of us to believe it is due to demographic of the users the brand preferred. I have also seen one of the user in India posted tons of reviews and remains active for a long time, only won once. But, it is better to ask picky team directly for an accurate answerπŸ˜‰ They are having Q&A!
upvote

comment

Pickytimin user profile picture

Pickytimin

Oily/Sensitive

Ever since I joined picky, some other pickies have joined picky before me and I got advises like; All you have to do to get picked for giveaways is to be active on the picky app, from creating discussions to answering people's question to even asking your own questions. Also I find that the more you review more skincare products on your Instagram and as far as they are great reviews, there is also a great plus from that. I feels like that advice has helped me till today. Atleast I have won 8 giveaways. For new users, I notice that they are the ones that win smaller giveaway like the giveaways with less winners because it gives them the opportunity to win and try products since they are new, but I do not know why it is like that.
upvote

comment

Pickytimin user profile picture

Pickytimin

Oily/Sensitive

Also the more active you are on picky ypu earn points l, get to efer people and make more skincare reviews. Those actions help you towards becoming a SPS( SUPER PICKY SQUAD). Being a part of this squad gives you the opportunities to win more giveaways also.
upvote

comment

aliskinn user profile picture

aliskinn

Oily/Resilient

i won twice during mega giveaways with the exception of last skin1004 giveaway, I was actually hoping to be picked since it was a big giveaway but not. I was active last month on the app. but I haven't made many reviews maybe that is why
upvote

comment

Daveganpicksbymisha user profile picture

Daveganpicksbymisha

Oily/Sensitive

i only won a mega giveaway rest not get a chance to win others because of numbers of winners i guess..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!