picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Product Info

Caliie user profile picture

Caliie

Oily/Sensitive

dot148 Views

Clay mask = exfoliation ?

This might be a silly question but, as I was looking for clay mask recommandations, some people said that they were exfoliating. Is it true ? When you do a clay mask / week or 2 does that count as a day of exfoliating? 🤔 This is the one I use :
Real Mugwort Clay Mask

ISNTREE
Real Mugwort Clay Mask

star rating

(207)

favorite

upvote

comment

12 Comments

heyitsvy user profile picture

heyitsvy

Dry/Resilient

Hiya! From what I know clay/mud masks are gentle exfoliants. I personally would use clay masks on an exfoliating day (about once a week for my skin type), so I don’t get mixed up with my retinol days and rest days. But it also up to how you do your normal routine, so when you incorporate the mask, it wouldn’t over-exfoliate your skin. 😁 Hope that helps xx
upvote

comment

Caliie user profile picture

Caliie

Oily/Sensitive

It does thank you ! That's how I am using it too, and I'll keep doing that 😊
upvote

comment

RubabbRouf user profile picture

RubabbRouf

Oily/Sensitive

I don't think so because Face scrubs and face masks have two different purposes. The exfoliation is meant to lift off dead skin while the mask is meant to infuse the skin with nourishing ...
upvote

comment

Cherryspring user profile picture

Cherryspring

Dry/Resilient

I don't know if it exfoliation or not, may it depends on the product itself, for me, I can't use active ingredients in the same routine with clay mask, it's stinging.
upvote

comment

keppers user profile picture
picky squad user badge

keppers

Dry/Resilient

Depends on the clay mask. Some clay masks are more for hydration and others are designed more for helping with oily skin and pores. I have charcoal clay masks that have physical exfoliants in them though that will exfoliate when washed off.
Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask

The Body Shop
Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask

star rating

(81)

favorite

Half & Half Clay Mask - Sebum Zone

Nacific
Half & Half Clay Mask - Sebum Zone

star rating

(94)

favorite

upvote

comment

keppers user profile picture
picky squad user badge

keppers

Dry/Resilient

The one you use looks like it has exfoliating particles in it so it could count. At the end of the day their is no hard rules and it's about what works for your skin.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner event

Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner

Audience

All Users

Deadline

April 5th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!