picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

dot217 Views

How many nights of each?

I have retinol, gentle exfoliation, and barrier repair nighttime routines, but haven’t been able to figure out how often to do each. My goals are to keep my skin clear and alleviate the clogged pores I have. I’m supposed to use 15% azelaic acid nightly for my rosacea, too, which my skin tolerates well in all routines (and seems to help my acne too). Considering all this, how many nights a week do you think I should do each routine?
upvote

comment

12 Comments

Over40Perspectives user profile picture

Over40Perspectives

Oily/Resilient

Dermatologists recommend 1-2 days betw applications for new users; best to air on the side of caution. Remember the strength you start with will affect your results too. Also, be particularly careful with the under eye and neck areas. The skin there is much thinner and has a much lower threshold. Be mindful that this is a "PEA SIZE" amount product. Do not use this as a spot treatment if you have acne either. You will lose its all over benefits that way. And of course SPF and moisturizing are both givens. Best of luck to you!
upvote

comment

E

Eucalara

Oily/Sensitive

once every night for each routine, but the repair days are twice. (two consecutive days)
upvote

comment

daniatongol user profile picture

daniatongol

Oily/Resilient

any recos for skin barrier
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!