picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Hawwa user profile picture

Hawwa

Oily/Resilient

dot440 Views

Why does my skin itching and feels burning sensation and forms rashes all of a sudden

Hey matesse!! I've been using water with chlorine for almost 4 months now cos the place I live only has that kind of water and it is hard water . And all of a sudden my skin is itching and it doesn't stop and it feels hot and has a burning sensation also after small Scrathe to avoid the itchiness there comes rashes with red marks nd it's been 3 4 days my skin feels like this . What to do for my skin I've been using ice on my face and trying to moisturise often it does little help but not much . Please suggest ways to reduce this thing .. Please suggest some good products nd ways to reduce this issue
upvote

comment

22 Comments

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

It's NOT all of a sudden. you have been drying and dehydrating your skin for months with that chlorine water. your skin is at its limit and simply has had enough. idk where that chlorine water comes from but try to not use it anymore. for now, try to do the bare minimum for your skin : gentle cleansing, a lot of moisture and sunscreen. EDIT: you can also add a cica cream on top of your moisturizer at night.
upvote

comment

Hawwa

Oily/Resilient

the place I live in has some amount of chlorine in water and it is hard water 💧 so it is difficult for me and thank you ❤️
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

In addition to the above - please stop using ice on your face and add some ceramides to help your skin heal. Sounds like you have a severely damaged skin barrier. Large amounts of chlorine are really bad for the skin.
upvote

comment

Hawwa

Oily/Resilient

ouchh thankyou for Letting me know
upvote

comment

Lilulas user profile picture

Lilulas

Dry/Resilient

Chlorine water dries out the skin. That’s way you are getting rashes and your skin is always hitching. Do this: - Buy a filter for your shower. It will filter the water without dry your skin. - Use gentle cleansers: avoid anything that contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate! Use creams or oils to wash your skin. For the face, I use the Facetheory Vitamin C Cream Cleanser C1, for the body I usually pick some kind of washing oil. Also Dove produces some body washes without SLS. - To repair your skin barrier, use heavy creams: try to use products that contain ceramides and Hyaluronic acid, and apply them on damp skin. I would recommend the La Roche Posay Cicaplast (it was heaven for my skin), and for the body choose a rich body butter. - Another step is to apply calendula oil (it is incredibly soothing) on top of the cream to seal the products. - IMPORTANT: avoid essentials oils SLS AHA,BHA, PHAs Retinols Denaturated Alcohol and try to choose unscented products (your skin now is very sensitive, avoid anything that may irritate it)
upvote

comment

Hawwa

Oily/Resilient

thank you soooo much this is sooo helpful 🥺❤️❤️
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I see. There is girl I follow on Ig. She moved from Vietnam to German. The area she lived in Germany has hard water which affected her skin and hair. She installed a filter in her shower so that her face and hair is saved from hard water. Since you live in a hostel this may not be a solution. You probably have to wash your face with distilled tap water which is not exactly cost effective. One the lore of micellar water was hard water. A lot of the places in Europe also has hard water hence Micellar water was created so they could cleanse their face without using hard tap water.
upvote

comment

Hawwa

Oily/Resilient

thankyou can you please let me know her I'd on ig ❤️❤️
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Did you just move there? where it has hard water?
upvote

comment

Hawwa

Oily/Resilient

yess for my studies I realised later most of that place has hard water since I live in a hostel
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x 9Wishes | Rice Foaming Cleanser event

Picky x 9Wishes | Rice Foaming Cleanser

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 21th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!