picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Routine Help

emmyrochon user profile picture

emmyrochon

Oily/Resilient

dot185 Views

Piling

My mom is having problems with piling and I told her how I stop it, adding water to my moisturizer, letting each layer fully absorb, and really working in the moisturizer in sections but I wanna know what you guys do or if you do the same things I do to stop piling. Thanks guys and gals!
upvote

comment

6 Comments

delver user profile picture

delver

Oily/Resilient

i'm not sure if the same applies to skincare, but i know incompatible base ingredients (water, oil, silicone) can cause pilling in makeup! so maybe try not to mix silicone-based products with water-based or oil-based and see if that helps?
upvote

comment

emmyrochon user profile picture

emmyrochon

Oily/Resilient

I try to keep my skincare all water based, but I'll double check with her rountine to make sure she's not mixing water and oil. thanks!
upvote

comment

NikkiJames023 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

NikkiJames023

Dry/Resilient

I noticed that the pilling tends to happen a lot with the Olay moisturizers and I was curious about this as well. Thank you for the tip. I'll have to try that.
upvote

comment

glowithuzma user profile picture

glowithuzma

Dry/Resilient

thank you for the tip. I’ve been trying different techniques but nothing worked🥹
upvote

comment

Negin user profile picture

Negin

Dry/Resilient

The tips you mentioned are good! Also pilling can happen when combining certain products or if you take to much. sometimes formulations aren’t great either
upvote

comment

im40andhappy user profile picture

im40andhappy

Dry/Resilient

you're absolutely right, I would also add 7 skin method with some nice essence 😘
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Neopharm | Realbarrier Extreme Cream event

Picky x Neopharm | Realbarrier Extreme Cream

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 3rd

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!