picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Opinion

paxlin3 user profile picture

paxlin3

Oily/Sensitive

dot118 Views

Facial hair 🪒

Hello, what do you do with your facial hair? How do you get rid of it? Do you wax or shave or get laser removal or something else? I have sensitive, combined skin, what's the best way to get rid of facial hair according to my skin type, in your opinion? Or do you not recommend getting rid of facial hair at all? Please do share w me
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Lingua user profile picture
super picky user badge

Lingua

Dry/Resilient

Dermaplaning works for me.I just buy the razor that come in a pack and slowly shave my face.
upvote

comment

ChillinWithQuanie user profile picture
picky squad user badge

ChillinWithQuanie

Oily/Resilient

I wax my chin hairs and don't have to worry about it until between 6-8 weeks later. It stings a bit, but it quickly goes away. It normally comes with soothing wipes to remove wax residues, but I sometimes use a cleansing oil. Pain tolerance from waxing facial hair varies based on each person along with sensitivity which you are dealing with.
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Do you have any problems with hormones? Laser is great, but I found out lately that laser is not recommended for people with hormonal problems since it can boost hair growth, in this case electrolysis is better.
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

Do you have light and fine hair or coarse dark hair? I have dark coarse hair and I wax my face weekly (sometimes every 2 weeks) and, honestly, it really depends on you. If you can tolerate waxing (it hurts a lot in the beginning but not a lot now), your hair probably won’t come for some time. If you choose to shave, you will have to do it more frequently than waxing. And the last option is laser hair removal. It can be expensive but the results are long term (hair will become a lot fine but not gone permanently). It is up to you to decide. Also, you should know if hormonal imbalance is the cause of your facial hair or not because if you’re willing to try laser, the treatment will be ineffective and you will have to try electrolysis. If you have fine hair, you can just shave.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x 9Wishes | Rice Foaming Cleanser event

Picky x 9Wishes | Rice Foaming Cleanser

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 21th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!