picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

skinroxy user profile picture

skinroxy

Oily/Resilient

dot168 Views

Textured Chin

Hey guys, what can you recommend for textured skin around the chin or in general? I also keep getting horrible acne around it due to hormonal imbalance when it's the time of the month. 🙃
upvote

comment

14 Comments

glowandsunshine user profile picture
picky squad user badge

glowandsunshine

Dry/Sensitive

I would either go for BHA or Retinol to combat texture and impurities. When it comes to hormonal acne, I have problems with that too and have experienced that I can't do much about it with skincare. The most important would be looking at what I eat especially around the time I'll get my period. Less sugar and milk helps me to a certain point; I mostly try to get my skin on track after my period bc skincare doesnt help much for me. Skincare should not be seen as the no 1 thing with skin problems as it is not the most effective when it comes to concerns that stem from hormonal imbalances; it additionally helps and supports what your body intakes e.g certain minerals or vitamins. The same goes for wanting a healthy or fitter body; most of it is nutrition and food intake and doing sports, gym etc are only a small part of the whole process so I try not to depend on my skincare products to combat my problems too much. I also like to pamper myself with occasional visits to an esthetician rather than spending so much money on new skincare products like I did when I started my skincare journey in 2020 ✨️
upvote

comment

skinroxy

Oily/Resilient

Everything makes so much sense. Thank you very much for this 💗 I just realized my sugar cravings make my acne worse and yes, we can't depend on skincare alone, our overall lifestyle and diet also contributes to it.
upvote

comment

Jolivares1717 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Jolivares1717

Dry/Resilient

I use salicylic acid for acne, and follow with a moisturizer since it dries my skin.
upvote

comment

Janete user profile picture

Janete

Dry/Resilient

Salicylic acid may help.
upvote

comment

BellaB user profile picture
super picky user badge

BellaB

Dry/Resilient

This is great!
A-Control 10% Azelaic Acid Serum

NINELESS
A-Control 10% Azelaic Acid Serum

star rating

(46)

favorite

upvote

comment

skinroxy

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much for your reco ❤️ appreciate it!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!