picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

ReeneeReviews user profile picture
super picky user badge

ReeneeReviews

Dry/Resilient

dot472 Views

Ingredients that have different names that you’d never expect!

This past weekend I was trying out a sheetmask that was new to me (pinned to my post!) As I was wearing the mask, I started looking into what ingredients provided the vitamins within the mask, and which vitamins those were. I came across the ingredient Vitamin Tree Water in the description of the mask, which I had never heard of before. After a few minutes of trying to google the benefits of vitamin tree water, it seemed fruitless. Imagine my surprise when I took the scientific name for the ingredient (Hippophae rhamnoides) and searched that instead: I found out it is also known as the sea-buckthorn! It turns out the sea-buckthorn is nicknamed the vitmain tree due to it containing high amounts of vitamin C. So cool! Has anyone had a similar experience with skincare ingredients? I’d love to know more ingredients that might have uncommon nicknames!
Natural Vitamin 21.5% Enhancing Sheet Mask

By WISHTREND
Natural Vitamin 21.5% Enhancing Sheet Mask

star rating

(80)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

whitecastfashion user profile picture

whitecastfashion

Oily/Sensitive

Centella and Cica 😂 Didn’t know they were the same thing until I read a post in Instagram.
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

ReeneeReviews

Dry/Resilient

I had the same ah-ha Moment thanks to Instagram too Lolol!
upvote

comment

CatMomSkinJourney user profile picture

CatMomSkinJourney

Oily/Resilient

Whaaat 😲 so that means... The vitamin tree moisturizer by i'm from means... It's actually sea buckthorn?
Vitamin Tree Water-Gel

I'M FROM
Vitamin Tree Water-Gel

star rating

(144)

favorite

upvote

comment

CatMomSkinJourney user profile picture

CatMomSkinJourney

Oily/Resilient

Wait, okay, after checking the ingredients list, the first list is actually written as sea buckthorn 😂 WHERE HAVE I BEEENNNN Thank you for sharing this 😆
upvote

comment

yukitaskincare user profile picture

yukitaskincare

Oily/Resilient

Tbh, I'm rarely do a research for a new name. If i'm not lazy sometimes I'll do but mostly i'm to lazy so imma just read all the ingredients and then─yeah done if there's no ingredients name that catch my eyes 😅
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

ReeneeReviews

Dry/Resilient

Haha I feel that! I tend to get bored when I’m wearing sheet masks so I like to look up things about them during the wear time. :) But if your skin is resilient and you can just slap any product on without worry- more power to you!!
upvote

comment

chrysant user profile picture

chrysant

Oily/Resilient

Artemisia vulgaris well known as mugwort aka wormwood. we all know that lots of skincare ingredient have been viral introduced by K-beauty industry. but bcs there are so many viral ingredients, and they write it in different name, it often confuses me. u know, Im just like "wow is this new interesting ingredients again?"
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

ReeneeReviews

Dry/Resilient

I knew Artmisia <-> mugwort name but I haven’t seen or heard of wormwood before. Thank you for teaching me something new today :). I agree- certain ingredients got super popular with I guess a more “mainstream” nickname which just makes it confusing when brands mix and match which version of an ingredient name they use. 😂
upvote

comment

serenass98 user profile picture

serenass98

Dry/Resilient

Thanks for share this, I think I'm going to review the ingredients of the products I have 😂
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

ReeneeReviews

Dry/Resilient

When in doubt... google it I say 😂😂😂. I think my biggest takeaway is if they provide the scientific name for an ingredient to just google that if I can’t find anything for the original ingredient name provided.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush event

Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!