picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Yami user profile picture

Yami

Oily/Resilient

dot248 Views

let’s talk about glycolic acid 🤩

Hello 🌞 Today let’s learn a bit about Glycolic acid 🧪✅ AHAs (alpha-hydroxy acids) stand for a whole group of ingredients and glycolic acid is one of them. If you are a chemist geek type you might want to know that the point of AHAs is that they contain a hydroxy group (-OH) and a carboxylic acid part (HO¬ =0) and these two parts are only one carbon apart (if they are two carbons apart it’s a beta-hydroxy acid). So glycolic acid is an AHA and it’s the smallest and simplest one of them. It can be found naturally in grape, sugar cane juice, sugar beet and Virginia creeperleaves, but more often than not the version used in cosmetics is synthetic. 🧪✅ What can Glycolic Acid do? 🤔 • It can gently lift off dead skin cells on the surface of your skin revealing the newer, fresher and nicer skin cells underneath. • It can increase collagen synthesis. glycolic acid’s proven ability to increase collagen synthesis. The skin firming, collagen boosting ability seems to be the best with the smallest and simplest version of all the AHAs (probably because being the smallest means also that it can penetrate the deepest). But be patient: collagen synthesis takes time, so this one is a long-term benefit. Count as much as 4-6 month to see some change. • It reduces hyperpigmentation. Brownish spots are usually not something that we want on our face and glycolic acid is something that can help with this. Studies show that it can disperse melanin in our skin and it’s also very useful for fading the brownish marks left after inflamed acnes (it’s called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or PIH). Hope this helps you as much as it helped me✨ Any tips, questions or advise, feel free to share in the comments. I’m sure the whole community will be happy to help.🧖🏽‍♀️🧖🏽‍♀️ Follow my Instagram for more @imperfectskinfluencer 🤎 • • •
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

24 Comments

thecurlymess user profile picture

thecurlymess

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing ! what's your favorite glycolic acid product? Mine is the ordinary glycolic toning solution. I use it mostly on my body.
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

The Ordinary
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

star rating

(739)

favorite

upvote

comment

Btrskin user profile picture

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing 😊
upvote

comment

lusitania user profile picture

lusitania

Oily/Resilient

Excellent info, thank you so much for sharing!!
upvote

comment

Yami user profile picture

Yami

Oily/Resilient

thank you 😍❤️❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!