picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Brand Talk

PickyAddict user profile picture

PickyAddict

Oily/Sensitive

dot380 Views

FDA Philippines warning against The Ordinary products.

Hello picky people, i just want to know ur opinion about this FDA warning. Will you still purchase The Ordinary products even it has no FDA approval?
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

16 Comments

estella user profile picture

estella

Oily/Sensitive

For me this is just unfair and OA lol. FDA has issued warnings on many international brands just because they don’t pay certification to be sold here (makes sense for TO because most of their products being sold here are from online sellers. means no official store here). TO has again and again reminded their consumers to do some research and be familiar with the chemicals/ingredients of their products before buying. You can even email Deciem and they will reply with a personalized routine and detailed instruction on how to use TO products. That said, consumers disgression is needed on any products and brands. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
upvote

comment

skinvenue user profile picture

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

This is just the government being passive-aggressive towards TO. They just wanna have TO pay for certification and stuff. This happens a lot to uncertified products when they start to get big.
upvote

comment

reginawidya user profile picture

reginawidya

Dry/Sensitive

a doctor from my country warned us about TO's peeling solution too, saying that it's too harsh for our skin. the concetration is too high :| but if it works for your skin, if your skin can take it, well, why not? I saw a lot of people loving it!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Sorry what exactly is the warning against? What is their issue? If they're not clarifying, this is so dodgy. This comes across as someone in the government has been paid off to push the ordinary out of the market to reduce the competition.
upvote

comment

heyitsnanah user profile picture

heyitsnanah

Dry/Sensitive

I've heard a few issues of TO from some people about how the concentration of their products are quite high compared to others, deeming it unsafe. Personally, I haven't tried TO yet, but I am quite weary of purchasing their products; you'll never know if they put too much of one concentration in a bottle while it's being manufactured. But in the end, it is up to the discretion of the buyer, some consider their products as a HG, some don't.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!