picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

BeautyByPotato user profile picture

BeautyByPotato

Oily/Sensitive

dot134 Views

Hair Care & Workout

I used to workout every other day so I washed my hair on the day I exercised. But I'm currently working out everyday and my hair feels sweaty af. Heard that you shouldn't shampoo everyday tho? I don't really like dry shampoo either (or probably haven't found a good one) I have oily scalp. How do you guys deal with this?
upvote

comment

7 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I have very long hair, so it's important for me to wash them only every 2 or 3 days. Three things that helped me when my hair was too oily: Changing shampoo. Some shampoos didn't work for me and made my hair even oilier. I believe it's because they were too drying, so the scrap was producing more oil. Dry shampoos often have a similar effect. I used them only as an emergency and washed my hair as soon as possible. Touching hair as little as possible. I noticed that when I play with my hair or occasionally run my hand through them (or let others do that), they are super oily by the end of the day. Putting hair up in a ponytail. I find this to help with the above. If I have my hair up, I touch them less. I get that some people like to keep their hair down, but at least when working out, this is a must. If you are worried about using shampoo every day, you can wash it alternatively with shampoo and only water. (One of my friends washed her hair only with water for a month, and it helped her hair, but after that, she had to go back to shampoo because only water didn't feel right.)
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

hi I m working out almost daily too, I will always shampoo my hair no matter I work or didn’t workout as I live in a hot & humid country, I sweat alot daily so it’s a must for me to wash my hair. I k that some ppl may say that shampoo daily is bad for ur hair but I personally don’t agree this. I think that the way how u take care of ur hair is way more important. if u take good care of it , shampoo daily isn’t a problem. although I shampoo daily but my hair condition is still great. here’s some of my personal tips of how I take good care of my hair. aft I shampoo I will always use a hair conditioner daily then when my hair is half dry , I apply hair oil. I always blow dry my hair aft washing it . I m using both hot & cold air tgt, i switch ard & the way u blow dry ur hair is important too. I always blow from the top to bottom & follow down ur hairline. don’t blow from the bottom or middle as when the top of ur hair isn’t dry , the water will keep dripping down & u feel like ur hair takes forever to dry , also blow from top to bottom will lessen hair tangled tgt too. hope this helps ! 💖
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

I do use dry shampoo even though I don’t like the concept of the product either. My scalp is really oily and no matter if I’m working out or not my hair looks greasy the next day after washing😕 It’s just too much hustle to wash it every single day, so I’ve been experimenting with dry shampoos and finally found the one I can bear with. It’s the powder one from Verb. I just sprinkle the powder close to the scalp, rub it in, brush my hair and it looks decent for another day😀
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I wash my hair daily anyway and especially after exercise because I don't want all the sweat to sit on my scalp. Dry shampoo wouldn't get rid of that, it would just sit on your head with dried sweat (yuk). If your hair is healthy and isn't too dry, it's fine to wash it every day. Hygiene is far more important
upvote

comment

lunabellarina user profile picture
super picky user badge

lunabellarina

Oily/Resilient

I have the same problem, mine are thick and long and takes forever to dry. I can't exercise daily because I'll end up with itchy oily scalp afterwards if I don't wash it. I wash it every other day now 😆
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!