funskincare user profile picture
experts user badge

funskincare

Oily/Resilient

dot2,474 Views

Things I wish I knew earlier about skincare

things I learned throughout my skincare journey
 Share your version of “I wish I knew earlier” down here 
 Skincare is a long-term investment. Don’t give up on them too early because consistency is key. You will look back ten years for now and thank yourself for all the time and money you invest in yourself 
 There is no quick fix, especially for acne. Your acne didn’t develop overnight, and it won’t go away that fast either. So, stop buying products that promise an instant cure  
 DIY skincare is (mostly) never a good idea. I would never ever put that lemon or baking soda on my face ever again. There is so much misleading information online related to "natural-DIY" skincare and you should double-check the information before you do anything crazy on your skin 
 You don’t need a multiple-step routine to fulfill your skin's basic needs. You just need a few ‘right’ products to provide the basic need, everything else is just an extra. Do it only when it adds joy to your routine
upvote

comment

132 Comments

PickyAddict user profile picture

PickyAddict

Oily/Sensitive

I wish i knew earlier about the importance of sunscreen. I just started wearing sunscreen last month, and im already in my 30's, maybe my skin looks radiant than my skin today.😥😥
upvote

comment

Hebskin user profile picture

Hebskin

Oily/Sensitive

same here! I’m 31 and always thought spf was for outside 🙈 wish I’d started earlier
upvote

comment

skincarebyshawn user profile picture

skincarebyshawn

Oily/Resilient

I really wish I knew to avoid physical exfoliants! I used to use st Ives scrubs and scrub really hard thinking it would make my acne go away ( in my defence they always marketed it to work for acne). But now I’ve learned that being gentle with your skin is whats most important! go slow, use lower percentage actives! 🥰
upvote

comment

HeidiD user profile picture
super picky user badge

HeidiD

Dry/Resilient

I wish I knew about Picky community earlier! I learn a lot from here. There are so many helpful information and reviews that I can rely on to find the best suitable skincare routine. 💖💕🎀💖💕🎀
upvote

comment

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

i wish that my younger self would know the importance of sunscreen & make it a habit to waer sunscreen daily ! 🥺🥺🥺
upvote

comment

NeteReviews user profile picture

NeteReviews

Oily/Resilient

I wish I wore sunscreen as a kid but I was a serious sun addict always at the beach. Now I have hyperpigmentation that has plagued me since my twenties from the damage I did to my skin. 🤷🏻‍♀️
upvote

comment

berryfleur user profile picture

berryfleur

Oily/Sensitive

me too! 😭😭😭
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush event

Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!