picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

S

swennngg

Oily/Resilient

dot108 Views

sunscreen at home ?

hi, just curious if you guys wash your face & apply your morning routine (with sunscreen) right after you wake up? :) and is it a must to wear sunscreen at homeee ?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

for your first question: no, i don’t. my am routine varies anywhere from 9am to 3pm averaging at about noon despite always waking up at 8. there’s no pattern to the time i do my routine, i just do it before i have to go into work. now for the second question, i think i’ve read somewhere that it’s not a must, just encouraged. UV rays can still pass through glass, and if you’re near a window, sunscreen is important. i put on a sunscreen even if i’m at home all day, but i don’t reapply. i’m not generally near windows and/or i pretty much live in the dark. if that’s you, you don’t need sunscreen at home either (it’s just good habit)
upvote

comment

S

swennngg

Oily/Resilient

i see , i read somewhere that it’s very important to apply sunscreen even if you’re staying in, so just curious, thank you so muchhhh :)
upvote

comment

nimiii user profile picture

nimiii

Dry/Sensitive

a lot of people recommend you wear spf everyday even when you’re inside, I don’t wear it at all though 😂
upvote

comment

S

swennngg

Oily/Resilient

😂😂 same, i’m too lazy 😂
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Evidence suggests that it's not necessary to wear sunscreen at home, unless you'll be sitting right by the window in full sunshine. If you're a couple of meters away, only a tiny fraction of UVs will actually reach you. That said, my day moisturiser contains spf25 so it gives me peace of mind. If I was planning to go out, I would separately apply spf50 a little before I leave the house.
upvote

comment

S

swennngg

Oily/Resilient

i seeee ! thank you so much :)
upvote

comment

Winnietriesit user profile picture

Winnietriesit

Dry/Resilient

Yes I apply sunscreen when I wake up and do my morning routine. My house has a lot of windows, so even if I stay indoors all day I get exposed to uv rays through the windows.
upvote

comment

S

swennngg

Oily/Resilient

i seeee :) thank youuuu
upvote

comment

C

CoffeeJelly

Oily/Sensitive

I still wear them even if I work from home. Rules are rules they say. Hahaha I hope it would really help my skin when I age hahaha
upvote

comment

S

swennngg

Oily/Resilient

😂😂 doing it for the future :)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!