picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Other

kcxyreview user profile picture

kcxyreview

Oily/Resilient

dot131 Views

Fungal/eczema in nails

Do you think reviewing/using product without fragrance and alcohol will suddenly have fungal in nail and trigger eczema on hand? I love reviewing new product but somehow since June, some of my nails change its look and look not normal anymore. And my mom is so frustrated and warned me not to review any new products anymore ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ but I am already cautious on what I'm using and I don't want to stop operating my Instagram skincare page for a year๐Ÿ˜‘
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

What product did you use? I do not see relation between products with no fragrance and alcohol and fungal infection since neither fragrance nor alcohol in skincare are used for antimicrobial properties. It's more likely to get fungal infection from someone else, if you share a product with someone (like nail polish) or from products with no preservatives that got contaminated. If you share nail accessories like nail scissors with someone and don't use disinfectants after someone then it's a way to get fungal infection. I would still recommend you to go to dermatologist since eczema can be an allergic reaction to substance - it might be a cosmetic substance but it can also be a detergent if you wash your dishes with your hands and don't wear protective gloves, etc
upvote

comment

FragranceFree4Life user profile picture

FragranceFree4Life

Dry/Sensitive

Itโ€™s unlikely that any of your skin care products are causing a fungal infection. Buy a product for nail fungus.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!