picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

SelfLove user profile picture

SelfLove

Oily/Resilient

dot136 Views

Mental health when having bad skin

How do you manage your mental health and self esteem when having bad skin periods?
upvote

comment

2 Comments

skinjaem user profile picture

skinjaem

Oily/Resilient

Hello there! For me, as I was also used to have bad breakout due to my own ignorance, I chose to stay calm and take it as a lesson to learn. I also told myself that I would one day be able to go through it and would finally reach the day where I look in the mirror and say that the journey was wild but it's worth it. Hence, for anyone who could see this, do know that there is always an achievement behind your hard work as in the skincare trials, if you're having breakout, take it slow, stop everything extra and return to the basic ones. Give time to yourself and to your skin. Be loving and remember that your skin is always part of you and should be listening to instead of listening to the people who only know how to downgrade the others because of their skin condition. Practice self-love, do some research regarding skincare, or just visit Picky and ask the community on how to help with your problems, and go to derms if it gets worsened. And also, do enjoy the journey, the skincare routine that suits you, it'll someday be helpful to you and you'll achieve your goals soon! Live a life full of delight, less stressful life and believe that it'll also help your skin in the process of recovery! Have great times, hope this helps! ☺
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I would keep my routine really simple using products with multi action. Cleanser, moisturizer and SPF. Just the basics until you get better. Salicylic acid cleanser is a good choice if you have acne and rough skin. You can use it twice or once a day. If it feels to drying you can either don’t use it in the morning or just have a gentle cleanser for mornings. Then a good SPF with great ingredients. At night a gentle moisturizer. You don’t need to many actives, just a gentle products because you need to be gentle for yourself before you get better. cerave SA Cleanser is great, Rovectin is gentle if you don’t need salicylic acid. Paula Choice Resist Sunscreen is good for oily skin with skincare ingredients if it is priced well for you. Neutrogena gel moisturizer is good to use at night.
Skin Essentials Conditioning Cleanser

Rovectin
Skin Essentials Conditioning Cleanser

star rating

(426)

favorite

Renewing SA Cleanser

CeraVe
Renewing SA Cleanser

star rating

(1705)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!