picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Skin Concern

Annie93 user profile picture

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

dot476 Views

Purging - what helps & what doesn't

purging is a reaction to an active ingredient that is increasing skin cell turnover rate.As skin cell turnover speeds up, the skin starts shedding dead skin cells faster than normal and in this process new cells rises to the surface along with some other stuff like the excess sebum, flakes, and buildup that clog pores. This leads to skin purging. What helps during this period? Doing a minimal routine and sticking to the basics - Gentle Cleanser, moisturizer, SPF. Sticking to the active ingredient that's causing the purging, while it may be tempting to stop it but it's better to stick to it throughout the purging period. It gets worse to get better. Be patient and don't get scared. In addition to this I have used spot treatments and pimple patches to smoothen the journey. Though the pimples you get during this period doesn't last longer than your usual pimples, spot treatment are better to make these go away faster. I will tag the products I have used during this time. What about you? How do you deal with purging? What do you do that makes it easier during this period ?
upvote

comment

28 Comments

Pickytimin user profile picture

Pickytimin

Oily/Sensitive

You can definitely use your favorite repair creams or balm. A product I always hear that is great for purging is Vaseline πŸ’•
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

thanks for sharing πŸ’• I also love a good occlusive during purging.
upvote

comment

itsamez user profile picture

itsamez

Oily/Resilient

I use aloe vera for purging skin. It helps soothe my face and makes it look not so crusty lol
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

ooh!! aloe vera is a great ingredient for soothing and calming skin. thanks for sharing πŸ’•πŸ˜Š
upvote

comment

FarahAl user profile picture

FarahAl

Oily/Resilient

great information
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

thank you πŸ₯°β€οΈ
upvote

comment

ditaputri user profile picture

ditaputri

Oily/Resilient

back to minimal and focus on hydrating is so much help, also cica to soothing the skin
upvote

comment

Annie93

Oily/Resilient

yeah totally missed cica..it helps calm skin down. thanks for sharing πŸ’•πŸ˜Š
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!