picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Brand Talk

Tiffanyqian user profile picture

Tiffanyqian

Oily/Resilient

dot274 Views

Klairs vs SkinFood Black Sugar Exfoliator

Hello everyone! I'm looking for an exfoliator to remove blackheads and exfoliate my skin, and I see that these two products seem to be similar, but the prices are a bit different. I'm wondering which one would be better for my oily and acne skin? I would like to hear your opinions!
Wash Off Black Sugar Mask

SKINFOOD
Wash Off Black Sugar Mask

star rating

(0)

favorite

Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish

Dear, Klairs
Gentle Black Sugar Facial Polish

star rating

(55)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

I tried the skinfood black sugar mask, it cleanses my face well but I find it a bit harsh to spread around the face at first before it melts. πŸ˜… It does lessen the appearance of my blackheads for awhile, but it kinda comes back again by the next day. No long term result for blackhead concerns. I also have an oily skin and it goes well with my skin type, as for me. Doesn't feel tight and not drying. 😬 Hope it helps. πŸ˜…
upvote

comment

Tiffanyqian

Oily/Resilient

Does it irritate acne?
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I have a similar experience with the Klairs Gentle sugar scrub as @mq with the Skinfood one. It's a bit harsh at first and gives you nice smooth skin but only for a short time. It is not drying and is easy to wash off (it dissolves in water). I like to use it with cleansing oil, so it is a bit more gentle. This scrub is my favorite physical exfoliator, but I would recommend considering a chemical one, especially if you have acne.
upvote

comment

Tiffanyqian

Oily/Resilient

Ya, for chemical exfoliator, I am using the VT cica purifying mask, but I would like to try a physical exfoliator because some dead skin is hard to remove if there is a chemical exfoliator. Do you have any recommendations for chemical exfoliators?
Cica Purifying Mask

VT COSMETICS
Cica Purifying Mask

star rating

(21)

favorite

upvote

comment

Cornelia user profile picture

Cornelia

Dry/Sensitive

Ive tried the Klairs one, but find that a chemical exfoliator works soo much better! Recommend the Paulas choice BHA 1-3/week
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

upvote

comment

Tiffanyqian

Oily/Resilient

Is this suitable for oily and acne skin type?
upvote

comment

A

Ayii

Oily/Sensitive

any recommendation for dry, oily and pimples face?
upvote

comment

Tiffanyqian

Oily/Resilient

Currently I'm using the Cosrx AC collection, not bad to use, especially the cleanser, I don't break out easily after using it, and if I do, it's one or two small pimples.
AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser

COSRX
AC Collection Calming Foam Cleanser

star rating

(101)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!