picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

rylee2511 user profile picture

rylee2511

Oily/Resilient

dot157 Views

Sunscreen causing face to sting

I'm a sunscreen newbie.. I tried using these2 sunscreen which unfortunately both of it caused my face to sting after application. Am I sort of allergic to sunscreen?? I'm not sure the reason that caused this..
Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++

AXIS-Y
Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++

star rating

(272)

favorite

Beyul Special Care UV Sunblock

Aulora
Beyul Special Care UV Sunblock

star rating

(0)

favorite

upvote

comment

3 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Why don’t you stop using all actives first (Niacinamide, vit C, retinol, AHA, BHA) for a few days and then try these sunscreen to see if it still stings.
upvote

comment

rylee2511

Oily/Resilient

suree I'll try it out. thanks for your advice!
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

The formula just does not suit you since one is physical sunscreen and the other one is chemical sunscreen. It happens, my face stings using Yadah sunscreen
Morgas user profile picture

Morgas

Oily/Resilient

Do other skincare products sting your face or it’s just those two??If other products sting your skin as well,then your barrier might be compromised that means you need to stay away from sensitizing products for some time and focus on barrier repairing products. The Ordinary Niacinamide is very strong and drying,if possible don’t use it daily. If it’s only those two products that sting then you might be allergic to the the filters in the sunscreen products.Try to check if both have the same UV filters and try a different brand with different filters.Hope you come alright 😊
upvote

comment

rylee2511

Oily/Resilient

i see..my skin might be compromised then! Thanks for advice 💜
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!