picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

eevvee user profile picture

eevvee

Dry/Resilient

dot294 Views

starting epiduo (adapalene/BP), what to do

Hello everyone! ~ Any advice and previous experience with epiduo (adaplene and benzoyl peroxide) or something similar is welcome ~ I've been prescribed with Epiduo for my breakouts. I'm unsure but lately I've been getting breakouts either close to my chin, or my cheeks and forehead that are bigger than a normal pimple, deep (feeling like a rock underneath) and painful to touch. I know to use it in the evenings, on dry skin with a thin layer and followup with a moisturizer afterwards. But I also want to limit the negative side effects as much as possible as I have a horrible picking habit which can make things worse. Is it okay to use a hydrating serum and toner after applying epiduo (and before my moisturizer and sleeping facial mask)? How much time should I wait after I apply epiduo? Anything other advice to limit irritation, peeling and pain? Any insight is greatly appreciated ❤❤ These are the products I currently use in my evening routine.
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

Simple
Kind To Skin Refreshing Facial Wash

star rating

(253)

favorite

Deep Green Tea Toner

BENTON
Deep Green Tea Toner

star rating

(433)

favorite

Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

star rating

(3017)

favorite

Hydrating Cleansing Oil

Simple
Hydrating Cleansing Oil

star rating

(15)

favorite

Clean Lotus Water Cream

Rovectin
Clean Lotus Water Cream

star rating

(562)

favorite

upvote

comment

6 Comments

Niacinaemide user profile picture

Niacinaemide

Dry/Resilient

I've tried the epiduo dube (adapalene+bpo). What I know that you should use epiduo in the last of your routine. If you want to limit the negative side effects, I'd like to suggest you applying hydrating serum --> moist ---> epiduo ---> wait for 30 mins ---> moist
upvote

comment

Niacinaemide user profile picture

Niacinaemide

Dry/Resilient

*dupe lol
upvote

comment

R

ricoskin

Dry/Resilient

if you can ask for a differin prescription with a benzoyl cleanser which will make use much easier x
upvote

comment

eevvee user profile picture

eevvee

Dry/Resilient

thank you! unfortunately I'm in the uk and the gp prescribed it to me over the phone without letting me know the name before I went to pick up the prescription. but thank you about the sheets!
upvote

comment

R

ricoskin

Dry/Resilient

best of luck sis xx
upvote

comment

A

AngelCare

Oily/Sensitive

looking for recommendations as well. thank you
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!