picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Stepena2021 user profile picture

Stepena2021

Oily/Resilient

dot377 Views

KBeauty vs Western Cosmetics

In your opinion, are the K Beauty products significantly better than the mainstream products by big name companies from the US or Europe?? If so, why? Do you use only K Beauty products or does your routine incorporate a mix of both?
upvote

comment

41 Comments

Kael user profile picture

Kael

Oily/Resilient

I think both of them are good and on the same level. on the one hand, western cosmetics (in the scope of skincare) tend to be straightforward. they curated products for the purpose of a routine that should be there in the very first place (like cleanser, sunscreen, moisturizer). on the other hand, kbeauty cosmetics/asian cosmetics (in the scope of skincare) deals with innovation. they curated products not what's in there, but what should also be there (e.g. essences, ampoules, sheet masks, among others). at the end of the day, both of them have the same approach to people; to take skincare as a health care. addendum: I am using kbeauty products because it is more accessible here in my location. but I love Asian skincare products and Western skincare products, and they are on the same level for me.
upvote

comment

lady24k user profile picture

lady24k

Oily/Resilient

that's what I'm about to say, but due to its price I'm only using k-beauty product, would rly wanna try out western brands. though kbeaty is cheap, but I rly think they nail it! and there variety of choices
upvote

comment

christyr user profile picture

christyr

Oily/Resilient

i have a mix of both ! for me, it is more accessible to purchase western skincare. however, these past couple of months I have been incorporating more and more korean skincare products !! (and these k beauty products are becoming my faves too!). I do at times find it difficult to understand what korean skincare products I should buy because not only are there so many amazing options out there, but there are a lot to sift through haha
upvote

comment

skinvenue user profile picture

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

I'm more into Japanese and Korean skincare since the FDA in the US takes years to approve products that have already been approved and made available in Asian countries for years.
upvote

comment

LouiseY user profile picture

LouiseY

Oily/Resilient

I started off with a lot of Western brands; TO, LRP, TIL, Neutrogena, Cerave. But they get kinda expensive once people try to import them over to this side of the world. Also there came a point where they didn’t help my skin anymore. I switched over to KBeauty because of my Picky recommendations and it helped a lot that they were much cheaper and easy to find here. I feel that Asian Beauty has been more helpful for my skin as it focuses on repairing my skin barrier with nourishing ingredients rather than directly treating with stronger actives. It’s like prevention over cure.
upvote

comment

Alatinaandagolden user profile picture
super picky user badge

Alatinaandagolden

Oily/Resilient

the majority of my skincare is from Asia (90%) I use tretinoid that is the only product that I use from USA
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!