picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

skinvenue user profile picture

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

dot1,897 Views

Remembering the Purito sunscreens...

Remember the time when the Purito suncreen was a craze? Well I was rummaging through my unused skincare stash and I just found these unopened tubes of the original version and it kinda took me back to when I joined the hype. I already forgot that I even bought them coz I believe you can't buy them anymore since Purito already pulled them out of the market. Purito was my first K-brand sunscreen and I used it for a few months last year. I was initially planning on buying the unscented variant but it was out of stock back then so I settled for a tube of the original one. I immediately fell in love with it so I ordered a few more tubes so I won't run out and then the Purito SPF controversy blew up. It left a bad taste in my mouth, that's why I stopped buying from the brand. Now that I'm seeing these again, I thought to myself that I can still use them even if their SPF rating didn't really deliver its promise. Setting aside the scandal, Purito sunscreens have a lot of other great ingredients like niacinamide, centella, hyaluronic acid and Vit. E. I think they can still serve as good moisturizers and I'll just make sure to use a separate sunscreen. I hope Purito comes out with a new line of sunscreens soon coz I think I'm now willing to try them out again. πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

73 Comments

Y

yr25

Oily/Sensitive

Ya, matter of fact they are releasing three new sunscreens. The brand overall is very ethical and I will still support them. They always listen to the consumers feedback and that's what I love abt the brand the most. They basically started the unscented trend and other brands are following along too
upvote

comment

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

I saw that on insta and I'm sure this time around they'll be more involved and hands-on with the clinical tests. Hope the come out with the new line soon.
upvote

comment

FrenchyPeach19 user profile picture

FrenchyPeach19

Oily/Resilient

i think they owned up to their mistake at least, i liked that they have been honest about it despite the huge disappointment of their customers.😬 and indeed you can use them as face creams it won't hurt at allπŸ‘πŸΌ
upvote

comment

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

They really can't dispute 3 separate tests so I think they had no choice but to pull out their sunscreens. And yeah, Purito's not really the cheapest on the market so might as well make use of their creams πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
upvote

comment

Skincarewithmom user profile picture

Skincarewithmom

Oily/Sensitive

yessss go ahead and use them! much better than let ot go waste. maybe you can use in the indoors days or when it's not that sunny
upvote

comment

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

Yes! I'm now realizing that Purito isn't cheap and there's nothing else wrong with the product aside from the failed SPF rating. I can easily get SPF50 from the Missha sun gel than I'm using now even if I still use Purito as a moisturizer 😁😁
upvote

comment

SkincareExplorer user profile picture

SkincareExplorer

Oily/Sensitive

The problem was on manufacturers side and I'm not blaming the brand. They have many great products. But thanks to that I've discovered many great sunscreens instead 😁 Like Canmake Mermaid UV Gel or Round Lab Birch Juice Suncream!
upvote

comment

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

This is so true. If it weren't for the whole SPF fiasco, then I wouldn't have switched to Missha, which is a brand that I'm loving now 😁
upvote

comment

ash01 user profile picture

ash01

Oily/Resilient

I used mine up by using it indoors. can’t wait for the new Purito sunscreen launches!!
upvote

comment

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

Same! I enjoyed their centella sunscreens so I'm pretty sure I'll love their new ones the same.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!