picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

luvettaaaa user profile picture

luvettaaaa

Oily/Resilient

dot136 Views

itching after applying bha liquid

Hi hi! I’ve been using COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying treatment toner for awhile now (not daily) nothing bad happened on my skin(no pain no burn no itching) but I don’t see any changes to my skin so i decided to try the COSRX BHA Blackhead power liquid instead, i used it just now and I’m feeling abit of itching near my upper lip area and side on my cheeks and abit of redness, no burning or anything just itchiness. Is this normal or am i allergic to it?
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

star rating

(1813)

favorite

BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

COSRX
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

star rating

(1047)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

Cedric user profile picture

Cedric

Oily/Resilient

it might be irritation? try cutting back to a basic routine for about a week or two and try again. you can also patch test on your inner arm to see if you're allergic to the BHA.
upvote

comment

kaweeel user profile picture

kaweeel

Oily/Sensitive

You don't seem to be allergic to BHA since you didn't experience anything from the toner. Your irritations might be because the power liquid has a higher BHA concentration(it has 4%). I'm not really sure as I've never used this before...
upvote

comment

kaweeel user profile picture

kaweeel

Oily/Sensitive

Ingredients doesn't seem to differ much... It has to be the concentration for sure. Try patch testing the power liquid on the insides of your elbow to see if you itch there as well
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

Whenever I used the BHA liquid, my skin got very red, so I stopped using it. I haven't tried the AHA/BHA toner, but I used other AHA/BHA products before. As said above, it's probably because of the higher concentration.
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

It could be because your skin is not use to the stronger BHA concentration. Also Blackhead Power Liquid contains Niacinamide in the formula. I believe they say to try it twice a week before increasing the frequency
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!