Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Skin Concern

drcrystallee user profile picture
experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

dot2,660 Views

Sunscreen Cheat Sheet Pt 1

There is just so much information about sunscreen that it can become confusing and overwhelming. So, here is Part 1 of the Sunscreen Cheat Sheet to help you learn more about sunscreen ๐Ÿค— โ˜€๏ธ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐—บ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—จ๐—ฉ ๐—ฅ๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐—˜๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ There is no doubt that over-exposure to these UV rays can lead to skin cancer, photoaging and skin pigmentation issue. Excessive UV exposure can also harm the eyes and dampen the immune system. โ˜€๏ธ๐—ฃ๐—ต๐˜†๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐˜ƒ๐˜€ ๐—–๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฆ๐˜‚๐—ป๐˜€๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป If you have sensitive skin, opt for physical sunscreen. Otherwise, choose one that works best with your budget, skin type (oily/dry) and skin concerns. โ˜€๏ธ๐—จ๐—ฉ๐—” & ๐—จ๐—ฉ๐—• SPF mainly indicates the level of UVB protection whereas sunscreen star rating and PA indicate the level of UVA protection. Look for sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection with โ‰ฅSPF30 to ensure adequate protection! ๐—ช๐—ฎ๐˜†๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—š๐—ฎ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—œ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜๐˜† ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฆ๐˜‚๐—ป ๐—˜๐˜…๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ UV index is a convenient way to gauge how aggressive one should protect themself from the sun at a particular time of the day.Another great tip is the shadow rule, if your shadow is shorter than your height, seek shade! โ˜€๏ธ๐—ฆ๐—ฃ๐—™ ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป In children younger than 6 months old, avoid using sunscreen! Instead, keep them in the shade and dress them in sun-protective clothing (eg: wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses). Physical sunscreens are preferred in children as they are less sensitizing! โ˜€๏ธ๐—ฉ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—— There is currently no accepted โ€˜optimalโ€™ level of vitamin D. The sun is indeed the main source of Vitamin D but sunbathing is definitely NOT required; incidental sunlight exposure is often sufficient in light skinned people.Vitamin D can also be sourced from the food we eat. Guidelines on Vitamin D supplements differ per country and best to seek advice from your local doctor โœจ Did you find this helpful? Stay tune for Part 2 for more Sunscreen Tips & Hacks โœจ ๐ŸŒธ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.crystallee/
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

213 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

really appreciate all the efforts u put in to create this post ! ๐Ÿคฉ I really love it & itโ€™s easy to read & understand too โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
upvote

comment

wh user profile picture

wh

Oily/Resilient

trueee
upvote

comment

shintahasanesta user profile picture

shintahasanesta

Oily/Sensitive

Wow, how informative! Thank you, dr. Crystal Lee! I learned a lot from you. I personally prefer physical sunscreens since my skin is quite sensitive. Definitely, I'm looking forward to the next part! โค
upvote

comment

experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

yes! Choose whatโ€™s right for your skin ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
upvote

comment

Bibii user profile picture

Bibii

Oily/Sensitive

The infographic you have is just soooo pretty yet still holds a lot of information! ๐Ÿ’• I love the details like adding images, it makes the posts so much more appealing and enjoyable rather than having a never ending text. The ingredients table is a very Clever idea! Finally have them All together ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ’• Lots of love!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•
upvote

comment

experts user badge

drcrystallee

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you so much!! I like bite size info and I hope you enjoyed my post as much as I did while making them โ˜บ๏ธ
upvote

comment

Rosesarered45 user profile picture

Rosesarered45

Oily/Resilient

Love this!looking forward to Part II ๐Ÿ˜ Tqvm Doc
upvote

comment

skinvenue user profile picture

skinvenue

Oily/Sensitive

Thanks, Dr. Lee!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!