picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Other

Bonitaa user profile picture

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

dot270 Views

Adding Skin 1004 Centella Toner (PHA) to routine

Hi fellow Pickies!! I won the Skin 1004 giveaway 🎁✨ and now I'm waiting for my both products to arrive. However, I was thinking how to add the toner to my routine, considering that I already use BHA (Paulas choice) and glycolic acid (TO) some days. I don't want to over exfoliate my skin πŸ₯Ί so what would you recommend me? I also use vitamin C some days and Azelaic acid/Niacinamide some nights, in addition to retinol. OMG I just can't find where to put it, is there a likely conflict with any other active? HELP! 😨
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Toning Toner

star rating

(1324)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

G

Glowingclouds

Oily/Resilient

Since this toner contains PHA, PHA is the gentlest exfoliating acids among BHA and AHA, I definitely wouldn’t want to use 2 different exfoliating acid products in one day(I mean one day, 2 routines morning and night), I do think we are not professional and it would be best to not mixed two different exfoliating product at once unless it’s a two in one kind of exfoliating product. If I were you, since you are not a newbie in exfoliating acid products and these acids does appears in your normal routine, I would temporary stopped all the exfoliating acid products you normally would use, and stick to this PHA toner to give a fair chance to really test out the product, plus your normal routine already include a slight stronger/ much high chance irritating exfoliating acids such as BHA and AHA, PHA is the gentlest among them hence you might not really see the result. To be safe, I would slowly introduce this PHA toner into my routine too, possibly try it 3 times per week and pay attention whether anything unusual happened and slowly increase the frequency of using it to daily basis just in case your skin needs time to adjust in using this PHA toner. At the same time, while using this PHA toner, it would be best to stopped all active ingredients your normal routine would have, just stick to this PHA toner and serum/ essence and moisturiser with soothing and hydrating effect.
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

wow! thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a detailed answer!! I appreciate it a lot! I think I will stop my current exfoliants (BHA twice a week) and glycolic acid (once a week) and use only the toner as exfoliant. I don't want to stop my vitamin C tho, as you know, this one oxidates really quick, so I don't wanna take any chances for this to happen. Is it better to use this toner at night?
upvote

comment

xxygirl user profile picture

xxygirl

Oily/Sensitive

I personally have tried pha product and I could say it super gentle and it feels more hydrating than exfoliating..but we better use it alone without other active ingredient to be safe.. you can use it on different routine... and make sure to patch test... enjoy your time 😘
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

thanks for answering! do u usually use it at night or daytime?
upvote

comment

SydneyWilde user profile picture

SydneyWilde

Dry/Sensitive

Pha is very gentle, most gentle out of aha bha pha, however i would quit your other exfoliator products for a bit while u test the product and see what you prefer. Using BHA and AHA with retinol and vit c already sounds kinda risky, my sensitive skin would die lol. in conclusion: put a hold on other exfoliation and see which one you prefer.
upvote

comment

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

I know it sounds kinda harsh, but I'm not using my exfoliators the same say as Vit C and retinol. I also have to admit that my skin is very resilient tho πŸ’ͺ🏼😁 yes, I will quit my other exfoliators only while I test the toner and see how my skin reacts to it. thank u for ur answer!! πŸ’šβœ¨
upvote

comment

Btrskin user profile picture

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

I will be doing the same that the others have suggested; stop using any other exfoliant. That will give the product a fair shot 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!