picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

P

Picky57071

Oily/Resilient

dot108 Views

Had what I thought was oily skin now it’s dry? what am I doing wrong?

Hello! For starters, I’ll say that I’m a skincare noob and I’ve been doing very small basic steps. I use The Ordinary Niacinamide followed by the Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel moisturizer after I shower on a damp face. Now…I’m fairly certain (maybe 70%) I have oily skin because over time I gets very oily on my T-Zone and cheeks. And you know the niacinamide has been successful, it does in fact take care of the oiliness. HOWEVER, I have noticed that my skin is no longer oily and it’s not really dry either. When I touch it with my hands, my skin feels soft and I feel a bit of stickiness on it after (whether it’s my sweaty hands, oil or leftover product I don’t know). My biggest thing is that I feel in my face (specifically my cheeks and near my mouth) is kind of dry and slightly tight? I’m not sure how much sense this makes? My skin looks and feels normal when I touch my skin but I feel in my face it’s feeling dry. I should not that my skin is very resilient, I never get sunburn or irritation from anything (unless that’s what this is) I’m hoping someone has an explanation or solution as to what I can do to fix this. Whew, this was a lengthy first post. Td;lr: 70% sure my skin is oily. I used Niacinamide and a Hyaluronic gel moisturizer on damp skin and now it feels dry and slightly tight but soft to touch. Any explanation or help is much appreciated!!!
Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser

Neutrogena
Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser

star rating

(342)

favorite

Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

The Ordinary
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

star rating

(2467)

favorite

upvote

comment

0 Comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!