picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Opinion

S

sunahra

Dry/Resilient

dot156 Views

I need to ask something which is not about skincare, will you all help me?

So I started waxing my bikini area not too long ago . Before that I used to use razor. I'm using sugar wax and doing it at home. It's been very easy for my underarms but very hard for pubic hair. Some hair's are coming out on sheets and some are still there . I was asking if ya'll have faced this problem? And is it normal? And any other information for me?? Or suggestion maybe?? TIA πŸ’œ ( If I'm offending anyone with this I'm sorry , I just don't know where can I post something and get suggestion from it)
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Don't have any advice, just wanted to say that you're insanely brave!! πŸ€―πŸ™Œ
upvote

comment

S

sunahra

Dry/Resilient

I was really scared but it didn't go south tho πŸ˜…
upvote

comment

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

you brave brave, I could never πŸ˜­πŸ™ŒπŸ½
upvote

comment

S

sunahra

Dry/Resilient

it's really risky, I was scared too but it did very well for underarms but it's not going well for pubic hairs
upvote

comment

Radiant1111 user profile picture

Radiant1111

Oily/Sensitive

I used to DIY sugar wax all the time and I experienced the same problem of having some hair left behind. I’m no pro but find that the area needs to be completely dry for better results. I used to dust a bit of baby powder to soak up any moisture. Make sure the skin is really taut before you rip off the strip. It’s still really painful though, which is why I don’t do it anymore. πŸ˜… I felt like I was doing self care and self harm at the same time!
upvote

comment

S

sunahra

Dry/Resilient

I tried this powder method but some hairs were still there after doing it . I just want that whole part to be hair removed. It's not happening. and Now what are you doing for hair removal??
upvote

comment

HowlJenkinsPendragon user profile picture

HowlJenkinsPendragon

Dry/Sensitive

I've been doing waxing for quiet some times before, and I really understand your concerns. IT'S NORMAL. Waxing wasn't really satisfying for me because some hairs weren't pulled out from my skin completely. In the end, I opt for easier method which is SHAVING. But I have a lot of cuts from shaving & it leaves a lot of scars on my skin. For now, I'm going to try EPILATING instead as I have heard many great reviews about it. It's better than shaving & waxing, also cheaper than doing laser treatment. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
upvote

comment

S

sunahra

Dry/Resilient

I heard epilating is painful, is it true?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!