picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

nyawmi user profile picture

nyawmi

Oily/Sensitive

dot356 Views

RE: sunscreen

Hi picky friends! Just want to ask if you have ever experienced seeing small white clumps of product on your skin when sunscreen is applied? I noticed that whenever I spread my sunscreen (anessa UV milk sunscreen) on my face, it forms this few small white clumps (similar to when you use a peeling gel). But it is not painful at all, so I just dust it off my face. I was thinking if it is a phenomenon when moisturizer is mixed with a sunscreen? But I make sure that my moisturizer is absorbed well on my skin before I put on my sunscreen. PS: 1. I ensure that the sunscreen is mixed well by shaking it well before I apply tge product. 2. The sunscreen is not expired. The consistency/texture of the product is normal and smooth. 3. This only happens when I use rovectin lotus cream as my moisturizer. Thanks
upvote

comment

16 Comments

jinnaee user profile picture

jinnaee

Dry/Resilient

I think what you’re experiencing is product pilling, most of the time it happens when you layer too many products, but judging from what you said about how it only happens when you use the rovectin moisturizer, certain ingredients can be reacting with each other and causing your sunscreen to clump.
upvote

comment

nyawmi

Oily/Sensitive

yep it only happens when i use the lotus cream, i even cut my routine to a cleanser-toner-moisturizer-sunscreen manner to see if it is caused by other factor, and I noticed that when I used other moisturizer, those stuff dont appear. i think ill just pair it up with other product.☺️
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

sounds like pilling. happens when you layer too many products/dont give enough drying time between layers or when certain ingredients just dont mix well together. it could very well be the lotus cream as I know alot of people suffer with pilling when using it. hope this helps xx
upvote

comment

nyawmi

Oily/Sensitive

i think theres just a certain ingredients on the cream that causes it.. the sunscreen works well with other moisturizer, it just happens with the lotus cream.
upvote

comment

Suckerforskincaree user profile picture

Suckerforskincaree

Oily/Sensitive

I want to recommend you this. It’s my fave sunscreen 🦋
Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF50+ PA++++

ISNTREE
Hyaluronic Acid Watery Sun Gel SPF50+ PA++++

star rating

(1047)

favorite

upvote

comment

nyawmi

Oily/Sensitive

oh thanks, this is on my "to try" list. I still have a lot of sunscreen to finish right now, yet Im still buying more..hahahaha
upvote

comment

Cdal user profile picture

Cdal

Oily/Resilient

Maybe the sunscreen you wear is the creamy texture that make it feel like these so i think , you have to find the sunscreen that are milky texture and always feel so light
upvote

comment

nyawmi

Oily/Sensitive

i use the anessa uv milk sunscreen. this has a milky texture
upvote

comment

Beautywithhunnie user profile picture

Beautywithhunnie

Oily/Resilient

I had that happen before, when I layered many products... I now wait about 5 min between products!
upvote

comment

nyawmi

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for the input☺️, i also wait for at least 5-10mins or up until my moisturizer is absorbed before i wear sunscreen
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!