picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

pinkbarbie user profile picture

pinkbarbie

Oily/Resilient

dot75 Views

Guilty pleasure

No one is perfect...right? We all do some mistakes in life, generally, but also in skincare too. Some “mistakes” we do on purpose. Does any of you has some habit that is a “no”, but does it no matter what skincare gurus say. Mine is using soap when I have breakouts 😬😬 I know it's a big no for most people, but for my oily skin drying out sometimes helps a lot, and pimples disappear immediately after using soap. What's your secret if you have it 🤫 🧼
upvote

comment

7 Comments

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

Picking blackheads and pimples! I know I should not do it, but sometimes just can’t resist 🤣
upvote

comment

bymj user profile picture

bymj

Dry/Sensitive

same one for me!!! just CANT help it!
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Not having a good "diet". I know hormones and food can play a lot in you skin and so. But yeah I dont really care. Last night I was eating chocolate at 12pm 😅
upvote

comment

pinkbarbie

Oily/Resilient

Well I train a lot so I eat whatever I want but it has no impact on my skin. My skin was perfect before covid and wearing a mask for 8+ hours destroyed it.
upvote

comment

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

i exfoliate daily. i’m aware that’s a big no no in the community but it’s what my skin needs. i’ve tried following advice about not doing that and reducing my frequency and my skin reacted badly to that. so i exfoliate daily but it’s not a guilty pleasure bc i feel no guilt over it. not to get all preachy but i’ve learnt over the years that you should listen to your skin. above all else. skincare gurus, enthusiasts, and even professionals can advice you what you should and should not do, but at the end of the day, it is YOUR skin, you know it best. if using soap when you’re breaking out helps, then keep it up. if your skin doesn’t get angry at you for doing something “unadvisable” and you actually see results from it, then go forth and keep going. screw what everyone says.
upvote

comment

pinkbarbie

Oily/Resilient

Yes, girl!!! 💕💕 I absolutely agree 🙏🏻🙏🏻 our skin knows the best.
upvote

comment

Practiceforskin user profile picture

Practiceforskin

Dry/Resilient

I pop my pimples 🤧
upvote

comment

pinkbarbie

Oily/Resilient

most of us do 🤭😬
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!