picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Annea user profile picture

Annea

Oily/Resilient

dot49 Views

which do you prefer? mandelic acid or lactic acid?

Which acid do you prefer and why? I have bumps on my face and wanted to use an acid for chemical exfoliation. What is your choice and can you please explain a bit why? Thank you!
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

For oily skin type mandelic acid would be better as it has anti bacterial properties so good if your acne prone as well. Lactic acid will suit drier skin types more as it also doubles up as a humectant
upvote

comment

jojobeauty16 user profile picture

jojobeauty16

Oily/Resilient

I'm gonna actually say Lactic. I see you have resilient skin, so I honestly think Lactic would be better. when it comes to choosing between mandelic and lactic acid, I usually recommend mandelic to anyone with sensitive skin, as it has the largest particles, therefore penetrates less deeply into the skin than lactic. so if your skin can handle it, I say lactic. but in all honesty if your skin really isnt sensitive I would go glycolic. I know they are all AHAs so they only work on the top layer of the skin, but glycolic acid has the smallest particles out of the three of them, therefore it can penetrate the deepest, hence usually giving the best results. xxx❣🥰💝💞
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Mandelic Acid…large molecular weight, least AHA for irritation, great at treating hyperpigmentation and dealing with P.acnes bacteria
upvote

comment

SootheSensitiveSkin user profile picture

SootheSensitiveSkin

Dry/Resilient

Mandelic because it’s gentle. PHA is good too.
upvote

comment

illie user profile picture

illie

Dry/Sensitive

Mandelic because it's more gentle to my skin. Also my skin already fallin love with it so bad
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!