picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Pixiechickxo user profile picture

Pixiechickxo

Oily/Sensitive

dot245 Views

HELP! 😥

So sorry for the ugly and embarrassing photo! I need some recommendations to help me out. I’ve struggled with acne since I started puberty and I am now 26. I usually get painful cysts around my chin/mouth area. I get a new pimple every single day. My main concern are the cysts, uneven skin, and redness that I am left with. My routine is AM: wash face with CeraVe cleanser, layer toner with aloe in it, moisturize with Clinique moisture surge, sunscreen, primer, foundation PM: remove makeup with cleansing balm, wash with CeraVe, layer toner, apply moisture surge, follow with Laneige water mask. I just started the mask because my face has been super dehydrated. *apply differin gel twice a week
carousel
upvote

comment

20 Comments

ishiskin user profile picture

ishiskin

Dry/Sensitive

first this is not an ugly or embarrassing photo at all - its real skin!! thank you for being able to share this. I would honestly recommend seeing a dermatologist - getting a new pimple everyday sounds painful and also something that could be beyond skincare. Your routine sounds quite nice and simple so other aspects could involve hormonal changes, diet, stress or other conditions. if you want to change anything with skincare, I would recommend something soothing to help with the redness and inflammation! your skin barrier might be broken, hence the frequent breakouts. I love mugwort for soothing and repairing the skin, especially the isntree ampoule!
upvote

comment

Pixiechickxo

Oily/Sensitive

Thanks! I’m trying to use soothing products since my face always seems inflamed and red. The redness bothers me more than the soreness. 😭 I will keep trying though!
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi, do not feel embarrassed - you're in a safe place where people do not judge anyone ❤️ Before I start, can I ask you how long have you been using Differin? If you started to use differin in less than 12 weeks, it might be purging. As an esthetician - when you tell me that your acne is mostly around chin/mouth area I would connect it with - maskne and cystic acne probably related to hormones. I do not like to use face map for mapping acne, but what I would recommend: 1. Go to dermatologist, a good dermatologist should ask you to do all the basic stuff like blood test, checking thyroid function 2. Go to gynecologist - cystic acne can be related to hormone inbalance, in some countries you won't be able to get hormone tests without a visit at gynecologist office. 3. If all tests are okay - allergic tests can be good too, I would also look at the diet - glycemic index if might also have a meaning to your skin, especially if you eat lots of processed food, milk, chocolate, etc. Is your life very stressful? Stress can also be related to acne. Dermatologist can suggest you accutane (they usually suggest using accutane for cystic acne, if this acne is related to hormones then pills to balance hormones can do almost entire work), I guess retinoids can be also good thing, but you have to expect that first 3 months can be worse due to purging. What you can do at this moment on your own - try Benton Snail Bee series if you're not allergic to bees, this series helped a lots of people with acne. Still, I wish you all the best in your skincare journey ❤️
Snail Bee High Content Essence

BENTON
Snail Bee High Content Essence

star rating

(1045)

favorite

Snail Bee Ultimate Serum

BENTON
Snail Bee Ultimate Serum

star rating

(107)

favorite

upvote

comment

Pixiechickxo

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve been to a dermatologist before and I’m unable to go back. I’ve been on differin gel for about 2 months now, but I’ve tried it in the past. I’m not getting any results either time. I feel like this is hormonal/stress. I literally stress over everything little thing. 😣 And I’d love to use that bee stuff, but I am allergic. 😢
upvote

comment

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

Never be ashamed of your skin, learned when I was in my mid 20's. Retinal has helped clear up my BF acne and acne scars. It starts in low stages and you move up to stronger dosages as your skin adjusts.
Crystal Retinal 1

Medik8
Crystal Retinal 1

star rating

(7)

favorite

upvote

comment

Pixiechickxo

Oily/Sensitive

is this different than retinol?
upvote

comment

Qyara user profile picture

Qyara

Oily/Sensitive

Maybe you can add on ance treatment gel. You only need to put it on pimples. It's shouldn't feel any stings or irritation.
Effaclar Duo Plus

La Roche-Posay
Effaclar Duo Plus

star rating

(162)

favorite

upvote

comment

Pixiechickxo

Oily/Sensitive

Thanks! I’d love to try this.
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

It's definitely not an ugly pic 💓 You've got a good routine going. Would it be possible for you to stop makeup for a while? It might help your skin "breathe" a little, especially if you wear mask while at work.
upvote

comment

Pixiechickxo

Oily/Sensitive

I’ve actually tried this. I went months without makeup and still got blimishes in the same spots. 😩
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!