picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

P

Picky258893

Oily/Resilient

dot117 Views

Have anyone hate their own skin colour?

I know this questions is a little bit off but sometimes I hate my skin colour so much because as an Asian, we prefer to be light not tanned. Sometimes I just feel down when I compared the tone of my body with my face, it is in two different shade unfortunately. I became more conscious about my skin colour whenever I opened the social media and the influencers flaunt their flawless skin tone, ranged from light to olive. I know , I do not supposed to feel this way but sometimes when we are just stay still and doing nothing, we keep thinking nonsense. There are times I feel beautiful inside out but there will be people badmouthing me, saying that I'm ugly and just laughing afterwards. Yeahhhhhh of course I'm not thinking about that too much but when they always point out my insecurity, it makes me feel worst as a person. At the end of the day, I just agree with their point because it is just like constant reminding that I'm not pretty, and there times that some random people said I'm cute and pretty, it feels like an insult. I just feel tired and want to cherish myself but it is not easy.
upvote

comment

6 Comments

Pux user profile picture

Pux

Oily/Sensitive

Hey, let me tell you something.God created everyone different from the other.There will be no one the same like you in this world.Everyone is unique and different in their own way. I know sometimes there's time where we question ourselves.Am I pretty? why does my skin colour like this? I wanna be like her/him tho.But hey,You are you and nobody will ever be you. You're tan? You're brown? white? green? purplee?? idcc!!! you're beautiful and unique on your own way.What really matter is inside.Yes your outside is a reflection what inside you.At the end of the day whats really matter is inside you.Always be a kind and a grateful person and it will make you shine from inside( not like a bulb thoo,it will make u a superhero if u does shine like that😝😜). A vibes that will make people see you as a beautiful and kind person inside and out. And people talking behind you?? dont worry They're on the right place.BEHIND you😌 Do not listen whatever they're talking cause you're beautiful just the way you are and you need to embrace that⛄ Remember to always be grateful and kind to others cause that's what really make u a beautiful person inside and out❣️❣️❣️ Im not telling you this to only make u feel happy or what but this is sincerely from the bottom of my heart❣️❣️ No matter what you're you and you're always unique and beautiful just the way you're!!! I hope this help⛄❣️
upvote

comment

P

Picky258893

Oily/Resilient

thank you so much 😊
upvote

comment

Evergarden user profile picture

Evergarden

Oily/Resilient

I used to hate my dark brown skin tone when i was young. I rarely go outside to avoid darkening my skin tone further. My skin tone is lighter brown now and i rarely hate it. But sometimes i wish to be even lighter so its fine to sometimes have this thought. Dont try to believe those social medias much, spray tan & editing exist to look perfect
upvote

comment

Calypse user profile picture

Calypse

Oily/Resilient

Hi Love! It’s easy for anyone to say ‘Embrace your flaws’ or ‘Love yourself’, but it hits different in reality. Whenever I also see someone in social media posting flawless selfies, I tend to question myself why wasnt I born with awesome genes. Why wasnt I born with poreless face or why was acne so fond of my face. I start to look down on myself. My insecurity is eating me out and it doesnt feel good. Start with the mentality of DONT COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE. You don’t have to. What I’m trying to say is that you should see your own beauty before anyone else. The more you cherish yourself, the more you will be cherished. You are beautiful, Hun. Don’t let them tell you otherwise. ❤️
upvote

comment

P

Picky258893

Oily/Resilient

Yes that's right people always said to embrace our flaws but sometimes its hard. Now I just stay away from the social media and my confidence is better 😊😊 More I watched the influencer, there will be alot of question on why I born like this. It is just toxic sometimes.
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

Hi :) I'm from Poland, and people assume that in Poland everyone is white and it's better to have pale skin since you won't hear any racial slurs and comments about your skin. Sike 🤣 I'm almost an albino, so I've been hearing stuff like "you should go for fake tan" or even having teachers put me in pure sun which later cause in skin change that I had to remove and that blocked me from using any esthetician treatments for 5 years ❤️ Sadly, it's all about trends in different countries or continents. I'm aware that in many Asian countries lighter skin = you're treated better but it ended up with many u health situations like people buying illegal whitening treatments with Mercury (which is dangerous for health), people getting injections of substances which we are not 100% sure if they are safe or they can cause liver failure. You're pretty the way you are ❤️ Even if some countries have these weird trends where some skin colours are preferred, we shouldn't care about them, we are young and we can change this perception by dropping this colour preference thing created by boomers, elders - whatever you call them. Stay strong ❤️
upvote

comment

mq user profile picture

mq

Oily/Resilient

Hiii, I'm an Asian too with light brown skin tone. Ever since then, I've been doing outdoor activities which made my skin darker, and bit different from my family. My own relatives and other people often compare me to my siblings who have lighter skin tone that I ended up hating my own skin color in the past. I've only learned to appreciate my color when I started cutting off people who dares to say something negative about my skin color. (Relatives included) 😂 I don't want to risk my own self-esteem and mental health to people who keeps on blabbing and comparing other people. It's tiriiiiing to even listen to them. 🙄 All I can say is that, let's not surround ourselves with people who feeds us negative thoughts. Those kinds of people are the ones who makes us feel insecure with what we are, and those are the kinds of people who makes us think that having darker skin color is a "flaw" where in fact it shouldn't even be considered a flaw or not normal. 😅 I do hope you'll also find the courage and confidence to love your own color, and stay away from toxicity if you can. Also, social media is not always what it seems. 💞 It's not easy, but I hope you'll get there soon. Diversity in skin color is normal and should be appreciated more. ❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!