picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

funskincaremi user profile picture

funskincaremi

Dry/Sensitive

dot421 Views

cleansing in the morning

why do we need to cleanse in the morning? It's not like the face gets dirty at night. I use lactic acid at night for the textures on my face so my skin is usually very smooth in the morning so it hurts to wash that smoothness away 😪 idk about people with oily skin but my skin usually looks clean in the morning. Edit: thanks for your input guys. I now understand that it depends on your skin type, where you live, the number of products you use and so many other factors :)
Lactic Acid 10% + HA

The Ordinary
Lactic Acid 10% + HA

star rating

(173)

favorite

upvote

comment

52 Comments

SiAnastasia user profile picture

SiAnastasia

Oily/Sensitive

Skin is producing sebum during the night time too. There is dust in the air, on the pillows. Sometimes I use thick textures in the evening and don't feel comfortable with them in the morning. Also, it gives me positive energy to care about my skin and you feel fresh. Anyway, you need to remove your previous skin care if you want to use moisturizer, toner or serum
upvote

comment

Heyma99 user profile picture

Heyma99

Oily/Sensitive

agreed 👐💛
upvote

comment

nennas77 user profile picture

nennas77

Dry/Sensitive

Washing my face in the morning helps me wake up and feel fresh. I also layer a lot of products on at night (serums, moisturizer, sleeping mask, and sometimes a face oil).
upvote

comment

funskincaremi

Dry/Sensitive

wow that's a lot. I only use serum and moisturizer after cleansing so I see why you would wash your face in the morning :)
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

It depends on the weather and your skin. I live in humid country so once would wake up with oilier skin
upvote

comment

ciszkaay user profile picture

ciszkaay

Dry/Sensitive

Yes it might looks clean but inside there are some sebum produced at night and also our night creams. So no matter oily or dry skin, we still need to do the cleansing in the morning.
upvote

comment

funskincaremi

Dry/Sensitive

that makes sense 🤔
upvote

comment

Skincarewithmom user profile picture

Skincarewithmom

Oily/Sensitive

I sometimes go directly to a toner pad and when I look at the pad it has changed colours hahahah so I guess we might clean
upvote

comment

Picky39467 user profile picture

Picky39467

Oily/Sensitive

Exactly no matter what regimen we do our skin no matter what will need to be washed. Not only that you don't want to leave everything that you placed on your face & just apply your morning regimen on top of a nightly one.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!