picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

AnDreWtgy user profile picture

AnDreWtgy

Oily/Sensitive

dot81 Views

Tretinoin questions

Hi i am 19 Skin types : combination skin Skin problems : acne, pie and pih First question I been using Tretinoin 0.05% for 4 month now. 2 to 3x a week But i still got 2 to 3 inflammatory acne per two week is it normal? Because i get alot of pie and pih Second question Can i switch from 0.05% Tretinoin to 0.025% Because when i use 0.05% max i can go is 3x a week but sometimes it will also peel my skin
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Qyara user profile picture

Qyara

Oily/Sensitive

What type of product do you use? Ance and spot treatment gel/cream?
upvote

comment

AnDreWtgy

Oily/Sensitive

spot treatment i use 5% benzoyl peroxide gel something the acne is too inflam i will use 20% azelaic acid cream
upvote

comment

AfrynKhyra user profile picture

AfrynKhyra

Dry/Resilient

Even i use the 0.025% and it still feel strong, i think you should go back on the lower percentage. ✨
upvote

comment

AnDreWtgy

Oily/Sensitive

yah i think i really should. by the way how many times you use a week
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

If you’re using a prescription like this, it means you have a derm who youre seeing. I’d advise you direct your questions to them as they know your entire skin history and journey and would be best equipped to guide you along. I’m hoping you’re not using this on your own as it’s a prescription drug and can do more harm than good if not used properly
upvote

comment

AnDreWtgy

Oily/Sensitive

i get the Tretinoin online so i am not prescriptioned. because derm here are very expensive and i just wanted to fix the problems first if i can't fix it then i will go to the derm
upvote

comment

SootheSensitiveSkin user profile picture

SootheSensitiveSkin

Dry/Resilient

Yes it may be better to use.025% every day because irritation and inflammation can contribute to acne.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!