picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Skin Concern

Jommel user profile picture

Jommel

Oily/Resilient

dot318 Views

🛑Skin Redness, is it normal?🛑

Hii! I just wanted to ask about my skin condition. I'm currently on my fifth or sixth week of using differin, and it gets red almost instantly every time I use my skincare products or wash my face, especially in the day. Even after a long time after the application, my face is still red. I'm also using snail mucin to soothe the redness but I think it's ineffective? Is it normal when using differin? What should I do?
Snail Mucin Power Serum With Niacinamide 2%

Cos de Baha
Snail Mucin Power Serum With Niacinamide 2%

star rating

(24)

favorite

Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1%

Galderma
Differin Adapalene Gel 0.1%

star rating

(27)

favorite

upvote

comment

16 Comments

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Try reducing frequency to 1x a week for 2-3 weeks, apply to dry skin, use sandwich method (moisturizer, Retinoid, moisturizer), use in pm routine only and use spf in the day avoid the snail mucin as it contains a glycolic acid which could further irritate the skin try it anf see what happens…if it persists, stop the Retinoid altogether for a month…work on repairing your skin barrier and then start back but very slowly like suggested above
upvote

comment

AfrynKhyra user profile picture

AfrynKhyra

Dry/Resilient

It's actually depends on some person, but personally i think your differin is the main cause of your redness. Try to stop using it for a while and if there's nothing happened, i suggest you to change skincare?
upvote

comment

HannahJade user profile picture

HannahJade

Dry/Sensitive

yes adapalene could irritate sensitive skin so i suggest she observe what's the cause of her redness. if you are normally re even before you used adapelene then i think its not the problem
upvote

comment

Qyara user profile picture

Qyara

Oily/Sensitive

I think use moisturiser might be more effective than serum
upvote

comment

Jommel user profile picture

Jommel

Oily/Resilient

I'm using a moisturizer. But I think it's not enough?
upvote

comment

SootheSensitiveSkin user profile picture

SootheSensitiveSkin

Dry/Resilient

I think it’s normal and should get better after a few months, if it doesn’t try putting on moisturizer before the differin so that it slows down the speed of penetration
upvote

comment

Riblysense user profile picture

Riblysense

Oily/Resilient

I had redness due to acne and inflammation , also during post acne hyperpigmentation. this product really helped with the redness
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

star rating

(3017)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!