picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

ussskingarden user profile picture

ussskingarden

Dry/Resilient

dot412 Views

what are your must have products/ ingredients for entering your 30s?

I recently began my skincare journey just after I turned 29. I was fed up with having adult acne and felt like I should be doing something rather than using soap and water 😱. I know I cannot believe I went this long with out having a skincare routine. My mom never grew up with a sister and nor did so we never had anyone to influence us. I loved doing face masks with my friends at least I did something 🤷‍♀️🙈 From the last two years of my skincare journey, I’ve learned some of the most important ingredients to add to my routine are antioxidants and peptides. Why antioxidants? Antioxidants are important in removing free radical and preventing cells from damage such as that from sun rays. Why peptides? Peptides are the building blocks for amino acids. Various amino acids are essential maintaining a strong skin barrier. The skin barrier is important in protecting our skin from harmful up rays, pollutants, and more. Check this article out from my favorite k Beaty guru: https://stylestory.com.au/blogs/style-story/peptides-in-skincare-why-k-beauty-is-obsessed These are some products I am currently eyeing. What ingredients or products are you eyeing to help you skin age gracefully?
Peptide Ampoule Cream

Mizon
Peptide Ampoule Cream

star rating

(11)

favorite

Antioxidant Serum with Fermented Green Tea

INNISFREE
Antioxidant Serum with Fermented Green Tea

star rating

(0)

favorite

Super Peptide Serum

Good Molecules
Super Peptide Serum

star rating

(13)

favorite

Peptide No-Sebum Repair Cream

D' Alba Piedmont
Peptide No-Sebum Repair Cream

star rating

(7)

favorite

Skin Illuminating Solution

elmt
Skin Illuminating Solution

star rating

(102)

favorite

upvote

comment

20 Comments

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

I think the ingredients that should be present when approaching the age of 30 are retinol, bakuchiol, peptide, vitamin C and hyaluronic acid. Just choose the one that suits your skin, you don't have to wear everything
upvote

comment

ussskingarden

Dry/Resilient

yes couldn’t agree more! Love your list of ingredients. Those are definitely important ingredients to keep in mind. ❤️
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I am in my late 30s and I am Asian which means pigmentation in my enemy. Wrinkles is only present itself when we reach 50 or 60 in my family. Sunscreen is a must, Vit C is also a must before sunscreen. My skin could tolerate AHA daily exfoliation with 5% glycolic acid and 0.5 salicylic acid. For BHA, every other day with 2% salicylic acid or 4% betaine salicylic depending on how dry or not dry my skin gets or the formula. I use retinoids every night, either retinol or granative retinoid. I just incorporated 10% Niacinamide with 2% arbutin for pigmentation with no irritation so far. I have a lot of serum that I use in between. Most of them are hydrating serums, so that’s good.
upvote

comment

ussskingarden

Dry/Resilient

Sunscreen is a must definitely as you get older. The younger you start wearing sun screen the better. Niacinamide is a must for my skin too. Love all your recommendations! what’s your favorite product with niacinamide?
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I turned 40 last month & started a proper, consistent skincare routine earlier this year. I've been told by both my esthetician & derm that my skin seems to be ok. I'd like to focus on hydration. Apart from that, I'm using vitamin C & recently introduced retinol to my routine. I'm following you on IG. I'd appreciate if you followed me too 💕 @blueskies8whiteclouds
upvote

comment

ussskingarden

Dry/Resilient

Congrats 🥳!! Getting a routine started I found was the hardest part now I’m addicted 🤣🙃 Yes both are key ingredients to anti aging. I will have to check your Instagram out.
upvote

comment

P

PickyYashi

Dry/Sensitive

Vitamin C Serum and definitely a good eye cream.
upvote

comment

ussskingarden

Dry/Resilient

Yes 🙌 love these! I’m just started an eye creamy by farmstay and I have whamisa eye essence to try for wintertime. I just need to get more consistent adding them. what’s your favorite eye cream?
Organic Flowers Eye Essence

Whamisa
Organic Flowers Eye Essence

star rating

(2)

favorite

Ceramide Wrinkle Care Relaxing Rolling Eye Serum

Farmstay
Ceramide Wrinkle Care Relaxing Rolling Eye Serum

star rating

(1)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

Sweta

Dry/Resilient

An anto oxidatnt serum and Retinol
upvote

comment

ussskingarden

Dry/Resilient

Love your recommendations. what’s your favorite retinol product?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush event

Picky x Fwee | Pudding Pot & Gloss & Brush

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 7th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!