picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Routine Help

S

SaraRF

Oily/Resilient

dot151 Views

please please help 🥺

Hi guys .. First of all, i'm not an english speaker, so please forgive my bad english. i'll try my best. I just want to know, why i'm still breaking out with a good skincare routine :( i have an acne prone skin, ( hormonal acne ) .. Can anyone please check my routine and till me if there is anything wrong with it .. or give me any suggestions.. i woke up today with 4 painful stuffed pimples :(
upvote

comment

5 Comments

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

Well looking at your routines, you have a lot of steps but that is maybe not the problem. Like you said you’ve hormonal acne and you can’t control hormones with skincare products. Try to make a breakout diary. -You’ll note the date when you breakout and maybe it’s associated with your period. -noting the foods that you ate that can possibly change or affect your hormones like dairy, sugars, …
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

I’ve seen your routine and I feel like you might need to lessen the steps in your routine. Some products in one routine has too many hydrating products like LaRoche Posay cleanser after cleansing oil+beta glucan+rosehip oil might be too much for your oily skin. I would think to simplify your routine to more basic one could help, however in this situation having a talk with a derm would be best.
upvote

comment

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Yes, I agree, I think there's too much actives on the routine. Just keep it simple now that you are breaking up and then slowly incorporate the rest to see if there's one of them that's doing the damage.
upvote

comment

SarriK user profile picture

SarriK

Dry/Resilient

my kid has acne prone skin, and he uses like 3 products max. he may switch them around, but he sticks with 3. it is easier to narrow down what is causing the issue
upvote

comment

aliskinn user profile picture

aliskinn

Oily/Resilient

Maybe you could use the LRP cleanser on alternate days with BPO because for me this is too stripping tho is good for blackheads and prevention of future acnes. I also see that you have too many routines for different nights that may cause your facial skin to adjust every night per routine. I suggest to focus on using product based on your current need, if you still have acnes try to take care of it first then if they leave hyperpigmentations later you adjust your routine by that. It is good that you have hydrating ingredients in many products but too much of any ingredient may cause irritation. Listen to your skin and read and compare your ingredients. do not just use any products just because you have lots of them. sometimes minimal routine works.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!