picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

dot143 Views

torn in between

Hey peeps, I recently just bought a new moisturiser. It contains CICA. The first time applying on my first, it’s so thick and I feel very uncomfortable because I have oily skin. It feels so heavy. after using it for several days, my skin becomes better, the redness on the cheek area decreased but I am able to see the sebum literally on top of my pores. This is the very first time I am seeing my sebum formed right above my pores. But those sebum didn’t clog my pores in fact it made my pores smaller and cleaner. What should I do? Should I put it aside or should I continue using it? So torn in between Pros: -helped with my pores appearance -my skin isn’t that red anymore Cons: -feels super heavy -increase sebum production
upvote

comment

12 Comments

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

Maybe you could just use it at night so it does it’s magic while you sleep, then use a lighter moisturizer in the morning and during the day! Perhaps a BHA wash could help also with the sebum production in the morning.
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

ohhh never tried BHA wash. thank you so much. might use only night time only
upvote

comment

llazyy user profile picture

llazyy

Oily/Sensitive

yes i agree with the above comment, did u try to apply thin layer? like apply little by little so u can reduce the heaviness
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

yup! even thin layer it produces like droplet of sebums too 🥺
upvote

comment

Grethi user profile picture

Grethi

Oily/Sensitive

There are plenty of other moisturizers than contain cica and are suitable for oily skin types
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

okay thank you so much
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I think heavy moisturisers are best to use at night. You can also try to apply it on a damp face or with wet fingers. This way, it makes my moisturiser feel less heavy.
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

okay thank you so much for your tips!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Use it at night and give your skin a good drink! It does not increase sebum production - drying your skin out does. Oily skin still needs lots of moisture and night time is perfect for those heavier moisturisers
upvote

comment

B

Busythinking

Oily/Sensitive

okay thank you so much for your tips
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!