picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

coranne user profile picture

coranne

Dry/Sensitive

dot223 Views

pure centella causing breakouts?

I use cica in most products that I use and it works well for me. However, when I use a product with a high concentration of centella (like 70% or more) it seems to cause breakouts all over my face. Any suggestions of how to layer it to make it stop?
upvote

comment

27 Comments

SootheSensitiveSkin user profile picture

SootheSensitiveSkin

Dry/Resilient

I would be very surprised if it’s centella that’s causing it, it’s more likely a preservative or a penetration enhancing ingredient like polypropylene glycol
upvote

comment

coranne user profile picture

coranne

Dry/Sensitive

Hey there! It is the skin 1004 100% centella ampoule- it only has one ingredient :)
upvote

comment

nimiii user profile picture

nimiii

Dry/Sensitive

I would suggest mixing or layering with your moisturiser! I have the same thing, too much cica and I break out - but a small concentration and my skin clears up! I tend to get smaller concentrations and just stick with what works best for me 😊
upvote

comment

Sunflowerr user profile picture

Sunflowerr

Dry/Sensitive

Maybe you can try mix it with your moisturizer
upvote

comment

Agnss user profile picture

Agnss

Oily/Sensitive

if you're sure centella is breaking you out try to just stop using it! there's many other soothing ingredients
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I believe too much of a good thing can be bad as well. If you already have a few products with cica, stick with them. The ones with high percentage of cica, you could use on your body, instead. OR use a pea sized amount of the high percentage cica product on your face, not an amount you usually would.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!