picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Product Info

luispicks user profile picture

luispicks

Oily/Resilient

dot296 Views

SUNCREENS

What are the different types of sunscreens? And what would you recommend for Oily and acne-prone skin types?
upvote

comment

46 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

We have three main types 1. Chemical sunscreens, if you go for us brands they are usually based on old ingredients while Japanese, Korean or European ones are based on tinosorbs which allows brands to create lighter textures but with high quality protection 2. Mineral ones - based on titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, such sunscreens can leave a white cast (non-nano) or minimal white cast/no white cast (nano particles). This type is recommended for sensitive skin 3. Hybrid - chemical and mineral ones, usually they are called chemical sunscreens anyway. My personal favourite is UV Age from Vichy and Axisy
Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++

AXIS-Y
Complete No-Stress Physical Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++

star rating

(272)

favorite

Capital Soleil UV-Age Daily SPF50+

Vichy
Capital Soleil UV-Age Daily SPF50+

star rating

(41)

favorite

upvote

comment

luispicks user profile picture

luispicks

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for the information🤩🤩 I woul take note of thiss💙‼️
upvote

comment

C

criticalacid

Oily/Sensitive

Hey, I generally recommend Japanese sunscreens and most have a lightweight texture and feel like nothing on the skin. The one with a gold cap has a bit of fragrance but thats due to the alcohol, which!! isn’t bad for the skin because it stablises the other ingredients in the sunscreen. The texture of the sunscreen is like a very light milky lotion that has a watery serum texture, if you ever get the sunscreen please let me know if you like it or not :)
upvote

comment

HannaTasya user profile picture

HannaTasya

Oily/Resilient

i'm oily resilient types, but i use this sunscreen 😘
Hydrasoothe Sunscreen Gel SPF45+++

Azarine
Hydrasoothe Sunscreen Gel SPF45+++

star rating

(234)

favorite

upvote

comment

deaacl user profile picture

deaacl

Dry/Resilient

i also love this sunscreen
upvote

comment

KShonn user profile picture

KShonn

Oily/Resilient

Basically there are two types... physical sunscreen and chemical sunscreen. Chemical sunscreen are lightweight and easy to blend out while most of the physical sunscreens leave the white cast. I personally prefer using physical one. As I have the oily acne-prone skin which normally breaks out, physical sunscreen is a better option for me. There are also many other types of sunscreen, the one which have tone up effect, gel type and cream type. You can choose according to your preference. But I would say, physical sunscreen will be a better choice for the oily acne-prone skin. I love using this soonjung physical sunscreen which is quite convenient for my acne-prone skin. It doesn't leave white cast if you blend out properly. For more details, you can look through that and I have written a review about it. Hope this helps ❤
SoonJung Mild Defence Sun Cream SPF49 PA++

ETUDE
SoonJung Mild Defence Sun Cream SPF49 PA++

star rating

(24)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!