picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Giveaways

Bonitaa user profile picture

Bonitaa

Oily/Resilient

dot90 Views

Country of residence & Giveaways

Hi fellow Pickies! πŸ’– I was just wondering πŸ€”πŸ’­ if there's a connection between the country you are and the chances of winning a giveaway. -Being active in the app is also important, but I have seen cases of people with almost no reviews, etc. who have won, and don't get me wrong! I'm happy for them, ok? - This is just a genuine question. Of course I take into account that business is business and of course the brands are more interested in the countries where they may have a higher chance to sell theirs products. What do you think about it? In which country are u? Has your country of residence played a role at your chances of winning giveaways?
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Newtoskincare user profile picture

Newtoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

I don’t think country play a role unless they state that. Some GA are only available for certain countries. Yea, that has been an issue picky community has brought up. Not sure if Picky Team has addressed that issue.
upvote

comment

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I think they don't restrict it based on country anymore. All giveaways are open to everyone, but I'd say some people never had a chance because they are not from target countries. Probably "for all users" sounds better than "some country only", even though it's not completely honest.
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

Though selection is random, I think it plays a part in narrowing it down depending on the brand
upvote

comment

Lynnkerk8 user profile picture

Lynnkerk8

Dry/Sensitive

I think they have consider about the shipping cost
upvote

comment

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

thats true.. but why not mention the countries that are eligible for the giveaway? I know that picky does it sometimes, but for example the ruruberry GA, I mostly see south east asians winners. It is understandable cos it is a MY brand.. but i feel like I never had a chance…
upvote

comment

Glowyforever user profile picture
super picky user badge

Glowyforever

Oily/Resilient

Not sure if the county of residence plays role in wining giveaways, but who knows.. I’m in Canada and won 3 giveaways so far in less then half year!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!