picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

dot690 Views

drugstore skincare

a discussion on here got me thinking: what skincare brands do your drugstore carry? it varies country by country and i can’t help how a lot of people just refer to them as drugstore brands, when it can be a little misleading. since i live in singapore, our drugstores carry a lot more korean and japanese brands than american brands. big europeans brands are also common here. i can’t list them all of course but here’s some that our drugstores carry off the top of my head: cosrx, bioderma, la roche posay, eucerin, biore, wishtrend, dear klairs, i’m from, hada labo, menturm, uriage, vichy, shiseido, rohto, rovectin, derma lab, dr. g, dhc, anessa, kose, skin1004. we do have neutrogena and olay, but things like aveeno have very limited options, mostly baby lotions. so you can see how referring to something as drugstore can be misleading. everyone here knows about wishtrend, and i reckon most of you won’t refer to it as a drugstore brand, but as you can see, i can.
upvote

comment

30 Comments

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Here in Germany most drugstores have western brands like Nivea, L'Oreal Paris. La Roche Posay, Eucerin or Cerave can be found in pharmacies. Douglas or Sephora (more expensive drugstores) sells stuff like The ordinary or the inkey, dr jar. K Beauty is very limited here. So it is totally misleading! But I'm happy for those who can found good products for drugstore prices. Sadly buying K beauty is so hard and expensive. (example: for Yesstyle I need to spend at least 50€ for free shipping) So that why I'm really glad when I can win the giveaways here:)
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

ahh we have the inkey list in sephora too! ngl our europeans brands are usually more expensive than the kbeauty brands 😔. yess i totally understand having to spend a lot just to get free shipping 😣 one day kbeauty will be more accessible for you 🙏
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

This is such an interesting topic! I’ve never thiught about how drugstores are vary from one country to another. And yes, here in the US you don’t see Rovectin or Wishtrend as drugstore brand. Besides brands like Neutrogena, Olay, Loreal, No7, LaRoche Posay, Cerave, Cetaphil, Aveeno, Palmer’s, YesTo, Eucerin ....there’s this only one Kbeauty brand here, Sweet Chef. Other than that you can just go to Ulta or Sephora to find some other Kbrands with mostly overpriced items.
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

tbf wishtrend items are a recent addition here too 😅 but it’s still shows that there’s a high enough demand that they put official distributors. i do wish we carried a bit more US brands, or at least more options for US brands.
upvote

comment

IsaacBear user profile picture

IsaacBear

Dry/Resilient

Malaysia even has lesser brand available in the drugstore! Really hope that there will be any official distributor of the ordinary in our country😭😭
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

oof, that’s a mood tho. i don’t think there’s any official distributor for the ordinary here. at least we have shopee 😪
upvote

comment

ivskincare user profile picture

ivskincare

Oily/Sensitive

I'm in Serbia, and here are mostly just basic drugstore European brands like Nivea, Garnier, Ziaja, Loreal, in drugstore which is drugstore/pharmacy you can find La roche posay,really small selection of CeraVe, Vichy, Bioderma, Uriage, some Frudia products. In the german drugstore which I love, DM, you can find Q+A skincare, Revox and also some Korean products, tho I live in a small country so we don't have much of those but in other DM's in other cities you can find more products from Benton, Cosrx, Neogen, Ariul.... So yeah we have an interesting selection but most of those products have fragrance which I like to stay away from, and the more farmacy brands are quite expensive so I always order my skincare online.
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

ooo i’ve never heard of some of the brands you listed—ziaja, revox—will have to look them up sometimes. we have no official distributor for cerave here 😢 but oof yeah city size would def play a part in what brands they carry
upvote

comment

N

Nicolaw

Dry/Resilient

Hello fellow Singaporean! I agree with you. sometimes when I see our fellow skincare enthusiasts mention about drugstore brands, I kinda think of products that are affordable, can be found in non-speciality stores eg any shop or space that are allowed to sell other brands as well like a mart. I also assume that they are also selling things of other functions like body wash 🤯
upvote

comment

enne

Oily/Resilient

oh yes!! the first time i heard the term drugstore i was very confused. then i figured it was generic things you can get at supermarkets or our under void deck shops. but then i realize even our grocery stores carry some niche brands. like our ntuc carried dear klairs and skin1004, which is a privilege we have but also kinda wack when you think about it from the perspective of people outside of this country
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!