picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Btrskin user profile picture

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

dot352 Views

Skinprep before big event

Hello Picky friends! I will be attending an event next weekend (few people, and corona safe measures according to my country). I would like to know how you guys prep your skin for makeup before a big event. I will be going to a makeup artist this time but I thought that I could at least prep with good skincare. So what skincare products do you guys use to get nice, plump and hydrated skin that looks good in makeup. Let me know if you do anything special the night before and what you do on the actual day. Let me know your product recommendations and all of the tips and tricks 😃
upvote

comment

31 Comments

elizabeth user profile picture

elizabeth

Dry/Sensitive

hmm, i would probably just stick to my routine. Cos i dont wanna irritate my skin with new products. Maybe just add a sleeping/sheet/lip mask the night before to make sure my skin is hydrated.
upvote

comment

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

You are right. I won't be trying any new products. I have made that mistake before and it turned out horrible
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

It's good to pop on a sheet mask before the makeup session but most artists prefer a blank and clean canvass before makeup application 😉
upvote

comment

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

That's what I was thinking. I have a sheet mask and eye patches laying around somewhere in the house. Perhaps I can ask the makeup artist what she prefers 🤔
upvote

comment

anhngoc user profile picture

anhngoc

Dry/Resilient

One week before big event you can peel your skin by aha + bha. moisturize your skin carefully and put on a sheet mask before doing the makeup. Wish you have the best look!
upvote

comment

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you! I'm really excited because I never get my makeup done by anyone else. I hope I look fab 😁
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Dont stress yourself? Sounds stupid but everytime there is a big event I'm really stressing myself and my skin suddenly get worse. What I also like to do is the 7 skin method. Applying your hydrating toner 7 times. But like the others said stick to your routine and put on a mask the night before. Have fun dear!
upvote

comment

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

Them pimples always ready to pop up before something important 😅. I believe you are right, stress is a big factor for the skin becoming worse. I might the hydrating toner in several layers. Thank you for your advice 😘
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Definitely this one before you get your make up. It plumps and brighten skin in no time.
Natural Vitamin 21.5% Enhancing Sheet Mask

By WISHTREND
Natural Vitamin 21.5% Enhancing Sheet Mask

star rating

(80)

favorite

upvote

comment

Btrskin

Oily/Sensitive

The mask seems to be really nice. Thank you for your recommendation 😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!