picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creators

Ingredients

Haruuchan user profile picture

Haruuchan

Dry/Resilient

dot425 Views

oxidizing vitamin c

How do you know when your vitamin c is oxidizing?
upvote

comment

28 Comments

Alca user profile picture

Alca

Oily/Resilient

I tell mostly by color because the smell can be misleading. On the other hand, some brands color their vitamin C serums orange, so you can't tell. πŸ˜” Here is a picture of my vitamin c creme from a tube I didn't use for some time. The orange color means it's completely oxidised. As it goes to the right, it's less oxidised.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
super picky user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

That's a beautiful picture and it answers the question simply and to the fact. Love that 😍
upvote

comment

Betweendots user profile picture
super picky user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

There are some tricks 1. Choose right version of vitamin C - ascorbic acid is a basic version, but very unstable. 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is probably the most stable, but also most expensive vitamin C deriverate. MAP and SAP are used by many brands instead of Ascorbic Acid 2. Keep the product away from light and temperature - keep it in a fridge. 3. Use products with Vitamin C and Vit E + Ferulic Acid or Niacinamide. Ferulic Acid makes Vitamin C survive bit longer.
upvote

comment

Haruuchan user profile picture

Haruuchan

Dry/Resilient

wow that will be very handy. thank you!
upvote

comment

Agnsss user profile picture

Agnsss

Dry/Sensitive

it smells weird and it's yellow-orange
upvote

comment

syahnidaareo user profile picture

syahnidaareo

Dry/Sensitive

The color of the product is yellow-orange. Then when applied to the skin, it triggers irritation
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner event

Picky x I'm from | Rice Toner

Audience

All Users

Deadline

April 5th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!